E
EM_PumaI'm trying to understand who and how the contestants for the NY6 Bowls are selected. According to Wikipedia, it's the College Football Playoff Committee, which currently consists of
by EM_Puma · 11/10/2020
snoscythe wrote:
In a season where all of these conferences and teams are bleeding money and cutting athletic department budgets to the bone, I have a hard time picturing the committee selecting BYU over conference-affiliated teams and letting BYU take their entire bowl game payout without sharing it with other schools. I think they will use the "who have they played?" card as a pretext to skip over BYU, but that's just cynical old me.
EM_Puma wrote:
I was left with one additional question from the article. If the way things fell out from losses by certain teams in the coming weeks and Cincinnati did a '84 BYU" and found itself in the top 4 and qualified for the CFP, would another G5 have to be appointed for the auto G5 slot? If that's the case, then we definitely want Cincinnati to lose a game if the teams in front of them stumble.