Archived Topic

Masen Wake TD tribute to his mom

by a1247 · 10/17/2020

Advertisement
A
a1247
I seen this while watching a highlight video this morning. This was from his TD on the shuttle pass. This was the perfect play for this tribute to his mom.
E
EM_Puma
I thought it said "Best in Heaven...Mom", but looking closer it was "Rest in Heaven...Mom". Great tribute. I don't know the story of his mom.
N
nuk13
I was going to put up a post about Wake. Mine was going to be the greatest 6'1" 250 lb. hurdler in the world. We haven't seen a hurdler like him since the Pocotello Kid, Taysom Hill.
G
Guest
I really love what Masen Wake is doing. I know his mom does too. Rest in Heaven, mom.
Advertisement
A
a1247
He has far and away been the biggest surprise player this season. It makes me wonder if they had planned on playing him this much or if he has forced them to play him because he's been so good.
M
mtnradio
He's the full-meal-deal isn't he!? A great young man who happens to be a great football player ... I love cheering for guys like this!
B
BroncoBot
Almost surprised he wasn't penalized for this...

Anyone know the rules college football has for this?
N
nuk13
Fido wrote:

Very cool background and stories coming out on Wake: https://www.abc4.com/news/local-news/star-athlete-skips-recruit-trip-to-take-fan-to-dance/



He is a walk-on but I hope they find a scholarship for him after the year he is having.



There is a post on CB that says his mother passed from cancer when he was young (9-10 years old).


This is an incredible video of an incredible man. Previously I admired him for being the best 6' 1" 250 lb. hurdler in the known world. That takes second place to the size of his heart. The joy on that girls countenance is priceless!
V
vancouvercougar
BroncoBot wrote:

Almost surprised he wasn't penalized for this...

Anyone know the rules college football has for this?


I don’t know the rule, but I’d have zero respect for any ref that penalized a kid for offering a tribute to his mother like that.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.