Archived Topic

Tonight's Practice

by jadesroom · 10/15/2020

Advertisement
J
jadesroom
I thought the team looked pretty good tonight. The team looked quick if not very sharp. Improvements will of course come as practices progress. I was surprised that I didn't see more (any) of Spencer Johnson. Is he injured?



The BYUtv broadcast was okay. I enjoyed the guest interviews (Ainge, Pitino) but I thought it distracted from watching practice.
E
EM_Puma
jadesroom wrote:

I thought the team looked pretty good tonight. The team looked quick if not very sharp. Improvements will of course come as practices progress. I was surprised that I didn't see more (any) of Spencer Johnson. Is he injured?



The BYUtv broadcast was okay. I enjoyed the guest interviews (Ainge, Pitino) but I thought it distracted from watching practice.


I don't know about Spencer Johnson. I don't remember seeing much of him, but he was there.



The interviews didn't bother me totally. Like you, I wanted to focus on the players and it's like ESPN when they bring in a guess during a football telecast and often quit narrating the game due to their talk with this individual. I totally think it's wrong during a game, but in this scenario I was able to tune out Jordan and Anton when I wanted to focus on watching the players.



I remember how ruthless 2-a-days were in high school football and you dreaded those days. Having a practice like we saw at 6 p.m. and then hear they had had one at 6 a.m. that morning is a bit brutal, but these guys should be in excellent shape. Lohner commented on such and you just loved the intensity of Mark Pope.
Q
Qman
I finally got around to watching this practice.



First of all we are going to be a big, good-shooting and deep team. We lack a great one on one perimeter scorer. So everything is going to be able getting the ball into the post to Lee and Haarms.



A few other observations:

-Knell looked stronger and had a more well rounded game

-Lee lost some weight

-Lohner is a NBA talent but man he has a way to go. But it was his second college practice.

-Haarms scored at will against our guys. I think he will be able to score at will against our opponents.



The rotation has some holes in it.



Barcello/Averette at PG is locked in. And Haarms/Harward look like the Centers. Lee/Baxter appear to the power forwards. But the SG and SF positions look wide open.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.