Archived Topic

Army vs UTSA

by EM_Puma · 10/13/2020

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
I hope UTSA kicks Army Black Knights butts this Saturday.



I still don't like it that Army is probably the one waiting to see how the season unfolds rather than schedule the postponed game. They have a free date available that fits our schedule, but it's obvious that they're waiting to see if it's to their advantage to reschedule. They talk about honor and such.



For me, it goes back to over a decade ago when one of my sons was interested in the Army. The recruiter stated they wanted to take my son to SLC to have him tested to see what they could recruit him for. He was 17 and they said, since he was a minor, we needed to sign a release form. Stupid me, I trusted the recruiter. He came back the next day and had been inducted into the service as the form we signed gave permission for them to do that. Being that he was interested, we didn't call any generals or congressman, but that always has sat wrong with me when I think of the U.S. Army. That was a low blow and there was no honor there. That's affecting my feeling about the Army football program in not rescheduling our postponed game.
B
BroncoBot
wow. that sucks.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.