Archived Topic

BYU at Boise

by Ygridiron4ever · 10/1/2020

Advertisement
Y
Ygridiron4ever
The game is on!!! Can’t wait for November 7!
G
Guest
Great game pickup.
E
EM_Puma
What a weird season to be adding games as we go. I'm glad to see a game with this level of an opponent and I hope there are still more.



I'd like to get up to the minimum of 10 games for the regular season.
B
BroncoBot
Sounds like BSU almost demanded this game be played when the MWC announced they would be returning to playing football. Good for them.



Have you thought about all the close games in BSU? BYU is 0-5 in Bronco territory. But they could easily be 4-1.
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
Keep playing the aggressive clean football they are currently playing, and they are going to get their first win against the Broncos on that field.
U
Ungoy
frdbtr wrote:

Keep playing the aggressive clean football they are currently playing, and they are going to get their first win against the Broncos on that field.


Keep playing the way they are, and we could see a BYU team blow out Boise St. on their home field.
J
jadesroom
Depending on how the election goes (I'm Team Trump), I may need a BYU victory to get me over the post-election blues.
S
SpiffCoug
Cougar Corner Road Trip!*





(*if fans are allowed)
N
nuk13
jadesroom wrote:

Depending on how the election goes (I'm Team Trump), I may need a BYU victory to get me over the post-election blues.


I hope the election and the game go your (and my) way.
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
The way Ada county Covid infections are going, this game will be played before no crowd, and that should be an advantage for BYU. BSU is a tough place normally to play at.
Y
Ygridiron4ever
BoiseBYU wrote:

The way Ada county Covid infections are going, this game will be played before no crowd, and that should be an advantage for BYU. BSU is a tough place normally to play at.


The guys at AFR keep saying that for road games, teams get juiced by the ‘negative’ energy from the home crowd. I think Blaine Fowler eluded a couple times that an empty stadium is harder on the visiting team than the home.
B
BoiseBYU
Ygridiron4ever wrote:


The way Ada county Covid infections are going, this game will be played before no crowd, and that should be an advantage for BYU. BSU is a tough place normally to play at.


The guys at AFR keep saying that for road games, teams get juiced by the ‘negative’ energy from the home crowd. I think Blaine Fowler eluded a couple times that an empty stadium is harder on the visiting team than the home.


Perhaps they’re right But then don’t oddsmakers build in points for the home team in predicting scores etc? All I know is when BSU is at capacity and the crow is rocking, I think it jacks the home team up a lot more than the visitors.
Advertisement
F
Fido
1322649463979085824
Hank Bachmeier is OUT today against Air Force possibly due to covid-19. If it is covid, he could also miss next week against BYU.
K
KingCoug
Boise State racked up a ton of points in their win against Air Force but they also gave up a lot too.



This will be a tough, tough game.
S
Sharper
I watched a good chunk of their AF game as well. Their offense is pretty legit, but I don't think either defense can stop BYU.
F
frdbtr
If BYU's defense doesn't play better than it did against a really bad Western Kentucky offense, BYU is going to lose in a shootout.
E
EM_Puma
frdbtr wrote:

If BYU's defense doesn't play better than it did against a really bad Western Kentucky offense, BYU is going to lose in a shootout.


Yeah, what was that all about. Many missed tackles, etc. They didn't give up many points, and that's the bottom line, but a 20-play 74 yard drive taking up 10 minutes 6 seconds is not a good thing. It really limited BYU's scoring ability in the 2nd half. But...once again I'd rather have a game like this as a tune-up for the important game this Friday.



I believe it will come down to our precision in all doing what they need to do and throwing in a different unexpected play or two. BSU will definitely never in their life again not expect a fake-punt.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.