Archived Topic

Houston Game 2020

by scott715 · 9/29/2020

Advertisement
S
scott715
They played their first game tonight and lost 24-21 to Tulane. I guess they had a slow start the first 3 quarters but could not come back. This hurts our SOS.
E
EM_Puma
scott715 wrote:

They played their first game tonight and lost 24-21 to Tulane. I guess they had a slow start the first 3 quarters but could not come back. This hurts our SOS.


What? Houston won 49 to 31. Your score was the halftime score.



It will be interesting. I think BYU will need to have a hybrid and cannot rely so heavily on the 3 man rush and dropping 8 in coverage. If they could do that successful, then Bingo!, But Houston, despite shooting themselves in their feet several time with 5 turnover, throw a lot and have speed. I'm more anxious about the Houston Cougars now than I was before their first game tonight.
Advertisement
S
scott715
You're right. Very good. Did they look good? We play them next week.
G
Guest
Houston has an offense that will test our defense. We'll see if this defense is anywhere near as good as it has appeared against very bad offenses so far.
S
scott715
I expected Houston to be much better this year. They got several good transfers and redshirted some guys pointing to this year being good.
S
snoscythe
scott715 wrote:

They played their first game tonight and lost 24-21 to Tulane. I guess they had a slow start the first 3 quarters but could not come back. This hurts our SOS.


https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/28/Deweytruman12.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
F
frdbtr
BYU better prepare better and come in focused better this game or 4-0 is going to become 4-1 for them. BYU played way down to their competition this week which is something they hadn't done the 3 games before this one.
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
frdbtr wrote:

BYU better prepare better and come in focused better this game or 4-0 is going to become 4-1 for them. BYU played way down to their competition this week which is something they hadn't done the 3 games before this one.


Agree totally. I think they can and hope so.
E
EM_Puma
Honestly, I don't think there could have been a better outcome (baring another almost perfect game) than happened with UTSA. We went up in the polls, even with a lackluster win and now the team will most certainly (and hopefully) have more focus in knowing how close they were to losing to an inferior team. Houston can beat BYU, but BYU is favored and should, because when they play assignment sound and error free, they should easily handle Houston.



We'll see, but I'm still believing this was a good wake up call.
S
Sharper
Good start. Held first drive to a FG attempt. One-play 78-yard TD to Milne. 3 & out on Houston's next drive. BYU moves down the field with ease behind a "special" play, Zach run, and then Zach run for TD (called back on review, so Katoa walks it in untouched instead).



Looking focused and ready to dominate.
Advertisement
S
Sharper
So it was a fun game to watch, if you like a racing pulse for hours at a time...
G
GAKunkel
Love that we made that last TD. Houston was mouthing off all game. Great exclamation point.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.