Archived Topic

BYU Switching to 4-2-5 Defense

by snoscythe · 8/4/2020

Advertisement
G
Guest
No.
F
Fido
I think this is a smokescreen for our new rush-1 defense.
F
Fido
Tonga's time to shine--clog up the middle. You don't need a pass rush. Just be disciplined, shed the block, and clog your lane.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Sounds like a terrible idea.
F
frdbtr
scheme schmeeem the defensive coordinator is the same so we will be rushing 3 and dropping 8 on practically every down no matter what he says our scheme is.
S
Sharper
snoscythe wrote:

....and now we're opening the season with the new defense against a triple-option team. Not a good scheme matchup for BYU.


I'm sure you likely know better, but from what I've read in the past about TCU's version of the 4-2-5, it can be good against option attacks because of the defensive speed to the outside. So my first thought when I heard Navy on the schedule was it was a better-than-usual match-up.



What makes it a poor match-up? Educate me. :)
S
scott715
The option is a precision offense. They could be hurt by missing their spring practice.
B
BroncoBot
scott715 wrote:

The option is a precision offense. They could be hurt by missing their spring practice.


Bronco's defense against the option was always solid. It takes discipline and assignment sound defense to stop it. We'll see how BYU fares...
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.