G
GuestArchived Topic
Isaiah Herron in the transfer portal
by hawkwing · 6/18/2020
Advertisement
F
FidoThis would be the biggest blow among those who have transferred. He started 7 games last year and was competing for a starting spot this year. Wonder what the story is there as he was with the team 2 years as a redshirt and freshman.
Although something still needs to give. By my count, keeping the spring roster with scholarship players who haven't entered the transfer portal plus incoming players for the fall (Vickers, Davis, Epps, Harper, Lai, Muti, Jacque Wilson) plus RM Justen Smith (I had him marked as a scholarship athlete but might not be??) I count 94 scholarships and only 85 are allowed for the season.
Although something still needs to give. By my count, keeping the spring roster with scholarship players who haven't entered the transfer portal plus incoming players for the fall (Vickers, Davis, Epps, Harper, Lai, Muti, Jacque Wilson) plus RM Justen Smith (I had him marked as a scholarship athlete but might not be??) I count 94 scholarships and only 85 are allowed for the season.
B
byufan4everYeah we are still in a scholarship crunch but this one surprised me. I think he was primed to either be a starter or at least get significant minutes. I don't think playing time was going to be an issue unless he just thought the secendary was too crowded. Wish him the best!
S
SpiffCougSounds like Herron is transferring to a Historically Black College/University. If that's the case, that's a really cool reason.
G
GuestYep, good for him going and supporting an important cause.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.

