Archived Topic

If the Tournament were today

by Florwood · 2/16/2010

Advertisement
F
Florwood
If standings are the same at the end of the season as they are now, here would be the MWC tournament matchups:



First round:

UNM vs Wyoming

BYU vs TCU

UNLV vs Utah

SDSU vs CSU



Likely second round:

UNM vs SDSU

BYU vs UNLV



Likely championship:

UNM vs ?



Part of me wants no part of UNLV in the second round, letting them face UNM or SDSU first. The other part says if we face them in the second round, we can't say "we were tired" like the team has said in the past when they faced UNLV in the championship round, and lost.



I think I prefer winning out and having the number 1 seed...
B
BYUROCKS
I want UNLV to play SDSU first round, UNM 2nd, and us 3rd, if they make it that far.
B
bigbluepuma
BYUROCKS wrote:
I want UNLV to play SDSU first round, UNM 2nd, and us 3rd, if they make it that far.


Good plan . Maybe that'll neutralize a little bit of their home court advantage at the annual UNLV invitational.
B
BroncoBot
I want UNLV in the first round and a much better performance out of BYU. Win that game and I don't really care how the rest of the MWC tournament goes.
I
Iceman
I thought first place would get a bye, first round. Air Force left out?
Advertisement
M
Mars
Iceman wrote:
I thought first place would get a bye, first round. Air Force left out?
Air Force-Wyoming pigtail to face BYU in the first round (if we do end up the #1 seed).



The women's bracket does 1st-round byes, to protect RPI.
F
FurriousCougar
Mars wrote:
I thought first place would get a bye, first round. Air Force left out?
Air Force-Wyoming pigtail to face BYU in the first round (if we do end up the #1 seed).



The women's bracket does 1st-round byes, to protect RPI.


Seems like the women got something right...for a change. Just kidding!



But seriously, it would be nice to avoid playing a team like Air Force again. That really is an RPI killer.
S
scott715
Maybe BYU should cancel about half of their OOC games each year to protect their RPI lol. You know some of those 200+ RPI teams on the schedule.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.