Archived Topic

Karma- Utes are Suckers

by Mars · 2/16/2010

Advertisement
M
Mars


A BYU fan supposedly went incognito and joined utefans.net after the Holy War, suggesting that all the Ute fans combine their money to buy Max Hall's jersey, and then come up with ideas of terrible things to do to it after they won it. He collected money from posters there, used it to buy Andrew George's jersey instead, and then went back to the website to laugh at them for being so stupid. Supposedly.




http://www.utefans.net/message.php?id=975199
U
urroner
Mars wrote:


A BYU fan supposedly went incognito and joined utefans.net after the Holy War, suggesting that all the Ute fans combine their money to buy Max Hall's jersey, and then come up with ideas of terrible things to do to it after they won it. He collected money from posters there, used it to buy Andrew George's jersey instead, and then went back to the website to laugh at them for being so stupid. Supposedly.




http://www.utefans.net/message.php?id=975199


I would tip my hat to the prankster, but my girlfriend beat me to it.



http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_X4hchmxnSH8/Ri5KZGPXF-I/AAAAAAAAAP4/OA0uRsspFoA/s320/Ma_and_Pa_Kettle.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Schmoe
Haha, those Utards are such babies! "I'm gonna sue, waaahhh!!" HAHAHA!!
C
CougarClaw
Mars wrote:


A BYU fan supposedly went incognito and joined utefans.net after the Holy War, suggesting that all the Ute fans combine their money to buy Max Hall's jersey, and then come up with ideas of terrible things to do to it after they won it. He collected money from posters there, used it to buy Andrew George's jersey instead, and then went back to the website to laugh at them for being so stupid. Supposedly.




http://www.utefans.net/message.php?id=975199


I clicked on the link, and my symantec warning popped up about a fire and brimstone virus and requested that I return to 'safety' as soon as possible. I didn't have the courage to proceed.
N
northerncougar
Stupid hurts. :crazy:
Advertisement
G
Guest
Maybe it's just me, but I find that layout (CougarBoard uses the same thing) atrocious.
W
Wickchad
hawkwing wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but I find that layout (CougarBoard uses the same thing) atrocious.


I tried to read it for a couple of minutes and couldn't figure out where the comments started and stopped. This format is 100% better.
B
bigbluepuma
Wickchad84087 wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but I find that layout (CougarBoard uses the same thing) atrocious.


I tried to read it for a couple of minutes and couldn't figure out where the comments started and stopped. This format is 100% better.


Me too. I find it highly irritating. :sick:
A
AmmonCougar1
You mean the "next thread here, next thread there" buttons? Really!?!?



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID
S
Schmoe
"That's FRAUD, it's fraud!! I sent a random stranger on the internet money for nothing in return to buy himself something and he bought something slightly different and didn't burn it. I'm not a sucker, that's just fraud! WWWAAAAHHHH!!"
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
hawkwing wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but I find that layout (CougarBoard uses the same thing) atrocious.


+1 x 100!!! Ditto. Bueno for Cougarcorner.

:crazy:
U
urroner
Schmoe wrote:
"That's FRAUD, it's fraud!! I sent a random stranger on the internet money for nothing in return to buy himself something and he bought something slightly different and didn't burn it. I'm not a sucker, that's just fraud! WWWAAAAHHHH!!"


Schmoe, I ashamed that you are trying to make them :utard: look silly and classless. Schmoe, they don't need your help. They are doing a most excellent job themselves. :evil: :evil: :crazy: :crazy:
T
ttexastim
Looks like the whole thing was a ploy to see how each fan base reacted. Funny that utes were classier in the beginning (offering to give the jersey to a sick kid), while the cougs sent hatemail and signed up his email account for spam. It'a a pretty funny read. Gotta love the anonimous nature of the internet! Looks like neither side is as innocent as they like to think. LOL



http://www.cougarboard.com/nologin/message.html?id=5271462
S
Schmoe
Triple T, I like how you point out the part that makes your Utards look like they poop ice cream, omitting the fact that they "more than made up for it in the end" with their classless behavior. Neither side comes out looking good, but such is the nature of the rivalry.
Advertisement
G
gmj81
The whole thing was stupid and childish on account of both fanbases. But I believe you're wrong Triple T on the Yewt's original intentions for the jersey. If I followed it correctly (and admittedly I barely did because it all seemed so childish), the "original plan" the UFN guys were jumping on was to get a Max Hall jersey to defame/trash/etc. Then the "con" artist apparently was unable to get a picture of the Hall jersey to pretend as if he had bought it but was able to find a picture of the George jersey that looked like he might have bought it. It seemed like only after the whole ruse began to be questioned and began to be labeled as "fraud" (no money was ever exchanged) by some on UFN did others start to discuss the "charitable action" be carried out. Regardless, the whole thing is a non-issue and doesn't really define either fanbase as those involved are such an insignificant representation of each team's fans. And every fanbase has its bad apples, period. But even more than that, this is just offseason boredom and rivalry smack. Nothing to get worked up over.
T
ttexastim
LOL. And yet again, the red avatar brings out the bull in people. LOL



Schmoe, read that last line in my previous post. There are deuchebags on both sides of this rivalry. When stuff like this goes down, nobody looks good. I know you would love for me to be trying to hold Ute fans high on this one, but that's not what I did. I merely pointed out the beginning ("as written by the guy on cougarboard") and gave the link so you could read the entire event.



And gmj81, how can I be wrong about something that I didn't even apply an original thought to? I don't have a dog in this fight, and you sound like you know more about it than me. I just posted a link to what really "supposedly" went down in response to Mars bringing the subject up.



Aint this rivalry grand! LOL
M
Mars


It is funny, because BYU announced that they decided to let the players keep their classic royal blue jerseys months ago.



Though I wouldn't put it past George to sell his for some extra $. ;)
U
urroner
ttexastim wrote:
LOL. And yet again, the red avatar brings out the bull in people. LOL



Schmoe, read that last line in my previous post. There are deuchebags on both sides of this rivalry. When stuff like this goes down, nobody looks good. I know you would love for me to be trying to hold Ute fans high on this one, but that's not what I did. I merely pointed out the beginning ("as written by the guy on cougarboard") and gave the link so you could read the entire event.



And gmj81, how can I be wrong about something that I didn't even apply an original thought to? I don't have a dog in this fight, and you sound like you know more about it than me. I just posted a link to what really "supposedly" went down in response to Mars bringing the subject up.



Aint this rivalry grand! LOL


TTT, I'm thrilled that you won't let our blue tinted lenses get in your way of telling us how it be.



And I agree with your first sentence totally, the red avatar brings out all the BS in them classless :utard: and you, my fine friend, might be a :utard: , but you have class.
S
Schmoe
I'm not going to argue with U, but it was obvious what you emphasized in your post. Have a nice day.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.