B
byufan4everNow maybe my first mistake was going to Reddit, but I've seen numerous posts from college students crying about having to do their courses online and that it's too hard for them. This includes r/byu. They are praying that their professors give them a pass/fail instead of a letter grade.
I have two middle school kids that have also had to transition to do all of their courses online. Week 1 was a challenge for sure. But they adapted and didn't cry. No pass/fail classes for them. At first the teachers were assigning A LOT of online HW because they were afraid that if they didn't assign enough that it wouldn't count as a school day. Parents and teachers did complain, not to get an easy pass/fail system, but to get a managable workload and everyone at our charter school worked together and has adapted nicely.
Now I don't know the situation of each and every college student and some of them may really be having issues that are greater than what I and my kids are going through. Sure, college level math is going to be harder than middle school math. But man, these reddit college students really live up to the snowflake name. Buck up, adapt, and be grateful that we have the Internet and that you can continue your education.
Do any of you have any experiences as a parent, teacher, or student going to all online coursework?
I have two middle school kids that have also had to transition to do all of their courses online. Week 1 was a challenge for sure. But they adapted and didn't cry. No pass/fail classes for them. At first the teachers were assigning A LOT of online HW because they were afraid that if they didn't assign enough that it wouldn't count as a school day. Parents and teachers did complain, not to get an easy pass/fail system, but to get a managable workload and everyone at our charter school worked together and has adapted nicely.
Now I don't know the situation of each and every college student and some of them may really be having issues that are greater than what I and my kids are going through. Sure, college level math is going to be harder than middle school math. But man, these reddit college students really live up to the snowflake name. Buck up, adapt, and be grateful that we have the Internet and that you can continue your education.
Do any of you have any experiences as a parent, teacher, or student going to all online coursework?

