Archived Topic

Austin Chambers in the transfer portal as a grad transfer

by Fido · 3/20/2020

Advertisement
F
Fido
1240792203565445120

He struggled to get playing time on the OL and was switched over to DL last year. He would have been a senior this fall.
G
Guest
Another dlineman to transfer out.
F
frdbtr
hawkwing wrote:

Another dlineman to transfer out.


I would transfer too if my position coach didn't even know how to design a simple pass rush let alone one that causes confusion.
F
Fido
Wow...social distancing making everyone a little more sassy?
B
BoiseBYU
Fido wrote:

Wow...social distancing making everyone a little more sassy?


When it comes to some and BYU FB, we’ve been practicing social distancing for quite a while now ;)
Advertisement
F
Fido
I took a look at his stats, and again there hasn't been much productivity:

2018 - moved to defense, appeared in 3 games with 2 assisted tackles against #6 Wisconsin--but then went stat-less against McNeese St. and Washington.



2019 - Appeared in 8 games, had 1 assisted tackle (vs Utah State)



So in 2 years, he only managed 3 assisted tackles in 11 games. And having already consumed a scholarship for 4 years (2016 (as a redshirt) - 2019) and now having graduated, he was probably not going to be renewed for 2020 and opted to grad transfer rather than walk-on or leave the sport.
F
frdbtr
I think I've made my opinions pretty clear about Tuaki's ability to coach long before social distancing was a thing.
F
Fido
frdbtr wrote:

I think I've made my opinions pretty clear about Tuaki's ability to coach long before social distancing was a thing.


And never pass up an opportunity to let everyone know it--even when the thread isn't about Tuiaki.
F
frdbtr
The thread was discussing his reasons for transferring. I gave mine.
B
blue42
BoiseBYU wrote:


Wow...social distancing making everyone a little more sassy?


When it comes to some and BYU FB, we’ve been practicing social distancing for quite a while now ;)

If you are referring to our defense not getting any QB sacks the last couple of years, than I agree BYU has been practicing social distancing for quite a while now!
Advertisement
F
Fido
1268164710958071808
Transfer Austin Chambers lands at (FCS) Maine.
G
Guest
Best of luck in Maine.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.