Archived Topic

Gideon George commit

by hawkwing · 2/25/2020

Advertisement
N
nuk13
He's from Nigeria and is 6'6" with a 7'1" wingspan! They're saying he is a wing/forward. I found videos of him. At least against Jr. College teams he plays bigger than 6'6". He averaged 14.3 points and 8 rebounds per game. He's a blocking machine.
E
EM_Puma
Looks good. We'll see. Generally, we've had good success from JUCO transfers.



I can't imagine that game being your first BYU game. You wish all could come to such an experience.
B
byufan4ever
I think he's still pretty raw. Love his length. May end up being a defensive specialist.
G
Gunk
I like the potential.



If Pope can do with him what he has done with Colby Lee, then he could turn out pretty good.
Advertisement
S
scott715
Needs work. Should he redshirt next year?
B
byufan4ever
I listened to Ben Criddle's interview with him. He's a man of few words. Not a bad thing necessarily but Criddle was struggling to get more than 3-5 words out of him when he cleary wanted a story told. He was at the Gonzaga game but he said it had no impact on his decision. He said, "outside of basketball they (the coaching staff) just love you." That's why he chose BYU. He likes how the coaches care about the players as people. He also plans to use his business degree to help people from his native Nigeria. And no, he has not heard of Ziggy Ansah.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.