Archived Topic

LDS athletes in the NFL

by Mars · 2/15/2010

Advertisement
M
Mars


John Beck, QB, Ravens, BYU

Austin Collie, WR, Colts, BYU :sick: ;)

John Denney, LS, Dolphins, BYU

Ryan Denney, DE, Bills, BYU


Aaron Francisco, DB, Colts, BYU

Chris Hoke, DL, Steelers, BYU

Bryan Kehl, LB, Giants, BYU

Brett Keisel, DL, Steelers, BYU


David Nixon, LB, Raiders, BYU

Brady Poppinga, LB, Packers, BYU


Dallas Reynolds, C, Eagles, BYU

Naufahu Tahi, FB, Vikings, BYU

Fui Vakapuna, RB, Bengals, BYU




Spencer Larsen, FB, Broncos, Arizona

Brandon Manumaleuna, TE, Chargers, Arizona

Todd Heap, TE, Ravens, Arizona State

Derek Schouman, TE, Bills, Boise State

Cory Procter, OL, Cowboys, Montana

Ryon Bingham, DL, Chargers, Nebraska

Stewart Bradley, LB, Eagles, Nebraska

C.J. Ah You, DL, Rams, Oklahoma

Haloti Ngata, DL, Ravens, Oregon

Al Afalava, DB, Bears, Oregon State

Deuce Lutui, OL, Cardinals, Southern California

Fili Moala, DL, Colts, Southern California

Kirk Chambers, OL, Bills, Stanford

Eric Heitmann, OL, 49ers, Stanford

Garrett Mills, TE, Vikings, Tulsa

Jonathan Fanene, DL, Bengals, Utah

Maake Kemoeatu, DL, Panthers, Utah

Paul Kruger, DL, Ravens, Utah

Sione Pouha, DT, Jets, Utah

Eric Weddle, DB, Chargers, Utah

Chris Cooley, TE, Redskins, Utah State

Kevin Curtis, WR, Eagles, Utah State

Shawn Murphy, OL, Buccaneers, Utah State

Devin Frischknecht, TE, Packers, Washington State

J.D. Folsom, LB, Miami, Weber State

David Hale, OL, Ravens, Weber State

Marcus Mailei, FB, Saints, Weber State



http://www.mormontimes.com/people_news/sports/?id=13345





So if you're both a Mormon and a BYU fan, do you still cheer for a guy like Kruger, or not?
J
JUSTBYU
How about Travis Bright with the Dallas Cowboys? I know that he was just on the practice squad, but they have Dallas Reynolds listed.
U
Uncle Iroh
I'm pretty sure the Mormon times got it wrong on Chris Cooley. From what I've read, and seen, methinks he's not LDS.
S
scott715
I root for all LDS players, cougars or utes.
K
KYCoug
scott715 wrote:
I root for all LDS players, cougars or utes.


Heck yah! As long as the Represent well I'll root for them. Just think of all the Tithing that brings in...at least lets hope!
Advertisement
C
CAFB_04-12
Mars wrote:

So if you're both a Mormon and a BYU fan, do you still cheer for a guy like Kruger, or not? [/color]


No.



The only Ute I could ever cheer for is Weddle.
G
Guest
Cougars first and foremost.
B
bigbluepuma
CAFB_04-12 wrote:

So if you're both a Mormon and a BYU fan, do you still cheer for a guy like Kruger, or not? [/color]


No.



The only Ute I could ever cheer for is Weddle.

Weddle is the most supportable ute. He only did a couple of stupid :utard: things. Most of the time, he has been a gentleman and a class act.
D
Ddawg
hawkwing wrote:
Cougars first and foremost.


Bingo & Bam!!!!! Though I will cheer for the other boyz - if they represent well!!

:crazy:
M
Mars
KYCoug wrote:
Just think of all the Tithing that brings in...

Can you pay tithing on money earned on Sunday?

;)
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
Mars wrote:
scott715 wrote:
Just think of all the Tithing that brings in...

Can you pay tithing on money earned on Sunday?

;)


If not, I've got something to tell my friends who are policemen and prison guards...
C
CAFB_04-12
Yes, you can pay tithing on Sunday money. Just don't pay tithing on your crack-dealing income and you'll be good.
M
Mars
Schmoe wrote:
Can you pay tithing on money earned on Sunday? ;)
If not, I've got something to tell my friends who are policemen and prison guards...

Most LDS cops aren't righteous enough to pay tithing anyways... :D
C
cougarsunited
It's great to see those BYU LDS guys in the big league, but looking at the how many LDS kids didn't come out of BYU makes me wonder how things could have been had we recruited better in the past.



PS. I would NEVER cheer for a :utard: just becasue they are LDS doesn't mean they aren't idiots, I know a lot of LDS retards, your religious affiliation doesn't make you a better person, and in the case of a Ute, certainly not a person to cheer for.
D
donpablo
Uncle Iroh, Chris Cooley was baptized in October or November 2002--I was one of the missionaries who taught him. Obviously he isn't very involved with the Church these days...
Advertisement
I
imuakahuku
cougarsunited wrote:
It's great to see those BYU LDS guys in the big league, but looking at the how many LDS kids didn't come out of BYU makes me wonder how things could have been had we recruited better in the past.



PS. I would NEVER cheer for a :utard: just becasue they are LDS doesn't mean they aren't idiots, I know a lot of LDS retards, your religious affiliation doesn't make you a better person, and in the case of a Ute, certainly not a person to cheer for.


BYU can't recruit every LDS athlete. So just because they go to another school, doesn't mean they are bad or a traitor. I had several friends that badly wanted to play at BYU and never got the call. They ended up starting at schools like Kansas State, Utah, Oregon St., Arizona, and Hawaii, to name a few. Most of them did graduate and i am greatful for that because when you see where they came from you could see that the deck was stacked against them from even going to college let alone getting a degree.



I personally, go with the "represent" clause. If the represent the LDS faith well, I will cheer my butt off for them, otherwise I will just pray they see the light and learn to represent well. After all to me, being LDS is what "everything" is all about.
B
BigCougsFan
Kevin Curtis was just released by the Eagles a couple days ago.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.