Archived Topic

Gonzaga Game Sold Out!

by byufan4ever · 2/19/2020

Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
I saw on KSL Sports that the game is sold out! Gonzaga fans also tend to travel well. However, I also know a few local people that went to Gonzaga law school so they may have a few local fans. I'm ready for a rockin atmosphere!
E
EM_Puma
I don't know why that is such a shocker to the media as in a post I had about a month ago when I questioned BYU's attendance, I found that the Gonzaga home game had been sold out the prior 4 times as well. That's as far back as I had gone, but it makes it easy to imagine that the Gonzaga home game will usually be sold out every season.
E
EM_Puma
Actually, I'm more curious on how close to a sell out the Santa Clara game will be. I had checked this morning and I checked right now. There are still some 100+ lower bowl seats available for Thursday's game, so I don't believe it will be a sell-out.
B
byufan4ever
Well the article I read said this was the first sell out since the Gonzaga game in 2018. So apparently there were none in 2019. If we couldn't sell out SF and SMC then I doubt we'll sell out SC. I mean, I know we're ranked now, but still I doubt it.
E
EM_Puma
byufan4ever wrote:

Well the article I read said this was the first sell out since the Gonzaga game in 2018. So apparently there were none in 2019. If we couldn't sell out SF and SMC then I doubt we'll sell out SC. I mean, I know we're ranked now, but still I doubt it.


I went back and looked at them again and now I see that 2019 (last season) didn't in fact sell out. I'm not sure what I had seen. Someone had pointed out to me that it had, I looked, that's what I had thought I saw, but now it shows there were only 15,396, so not a sell out. The four (4) years prior do seem to be sold out. My only question was that 2014 was before the renovation, so it says attendance was 20,900. Current sell out, with the updated seating, is 18,987. So, I'm not sure if that was a sell out or not. Wake Forest (the loudest game I've ever attended) had attendance of 23,096 in January of 2009. I had thought that 22K was our max back then. Must have sold "standing room only".
Advertisement
G
Gunk
Doubt the SC game will be sold out. It's in the middle of the week.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.