Archived Topic

Breaker Mendenhall to USU

by EM_Puma · 2/6/2020

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
Thought it interesting that Gary Anderson recruited Bronco's son Breaker to the Dairy Utes. I hope BYU passing on him doesn't turn out like it did when they passed on his dad.
E
EM_Puma
If I'm reading the data correctly is sounds like he's a bit of a tweener yet. Curious if he's mission first. He's being recruited as an "Athlete" and as such is ranked #290 in the country of all those designated simply as "athlete"? If that is correct, he is ranked as #84 in the state of Virginia among those designated as "athlete". Interesting what Gary saw in him that he was willing to give him an actual scholie.



I don't know that BYU or even VA didn't offer him as a PWO, but I understand taking a scholarship if you wanted to prove yourself. I looked at all of our offers and the lowest ranked scholarship we offered, according to 247 Sports rankings, was Ty Burke. Isn't it amazing how from the pics it looks like he and Breaker could be brothers. ;)
F
Fido
I read yesterday that Bronco and Gary are friends, Breaker had no other offers. 247 shows that he only "committed" to USU yesterday and then signed the same day. Sounds like a thing where USU had an extra spot so Gary did Bronco a solid.

I honestly don't know what this sentence means:
EM_Puma wrote:

I hope BYU passing on him doesn't turn out like it did when they passed on his dad.

I'm much more disappointed that BYU didn't have enough spots for Alex Lines (who ended up at UNLV over BYU and Boise State) more than they didn't sign Breaker Mendenhall.
S
scott715
BYU did not recruit Bronco so he went to OSU and did well. He even played once against BYU and think they beat us.
E
EM_Puma
scott715 wrote:

BYU did not recruit Bronco so he went to OSU and did well. He even played once against BYU and think they beat us.


Yes, true all, and that's what I was getting at in saying I hope we didn't pass on his kid by mistake. I heard subsequently that he could have had a PWO at VA. I just don't know what and if BYU even had that on the table. We'll only ever know if he becomes good one day and in an interview he says this or that. No biggie, just interesting.
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
EM_Puma wrote:

Thought it interesting that Gary Anderson recruited Bronco's son Breaker to the Dairy Utes. I hope BYU passing on him doesn't turn out like it did when they passed on his dad.


I’m sorry but all I can keep thinking of is breaker breaker. Was that Airplane? Probably poor form to ask, but I can’t help it.
E
EM_Puma
BoiseBYU wrote:

I’m sorry but all I can keep thinking of is breaker breaker. Was that Airplane? Probably poor form to ask, but I can’t help it.


I don't remember, it's been so long since I've seen it. "Breaker, breaker" reminds me of early 70's talking on CB radios.
S
snoscythe
BoiseBYU wrote:


Thought it interesting that Gary Anderson recruited Bronco's son Breaker to the Dairy Utes. I hope BYU passing on him doesn't turn out like it did when they passed on his dad.


I’m sorry but all I can keep thinking of is breaker breaker. Was that Airplane? Probably poor form to ask, but I can’t help it.


There's a classic Chuck Norris movie called "Breaker, Breaker!" IIRC.



edit see here
M
mtnradio
Smokey and the Bandit: "Breaker Breaker Good Buddy!"
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
mtnradio wrote:

Smokey and the Bandit: "Breaker Breaker Good Buddy!"

Haha. That’s it!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.