Archived Topic

Holmoe: Latest on the Notre Dame home game in Provo

by Fido · 1/31/2020

Advertisement
J
Jarhead
I wouldn’t mind BYU taking that deal at this point. If the end result was a season of 6 home games and a neutal site game in Las Vegas against Notre Dame, I’d be pleased. However, I could see this leading to other teams trying to pull a trick like this on BYU, so I can see why Holmoe is not taking the bait as well.
E
EM_Puma
Do you take the money and run or play Notre Dame in Vegas? Tough one because it does send a message that isn't favorable, but it's still a good match-up for BYU. Bottom line is that I'd rather play them in Vegas than not at all, but I have no idea what the possibility of ever getting them to Provo if we don't hold a firm line. They don't have to play us. They can pay us. I don't know what would push them over the edge to come to Provo. I have my doubts that there is anything.
S
scott715
Let's get the game done, it's about time. Okay a neutral site but we get all of the revenue from the game- TV and ticket receipts. Maybe we make more money this way but we would have travel costs to cover.
G
Guest
Teams will be chomping at the bit to play in the Raiders stadium. Screw Notre Dame, make them come to Provo or pay the abandon penalty, we can play Texas in Vegas.
Advertisement
B
BYZoo
I'll be pretty mad if Notre Dame doesn't come to Provo. That's what they agreed to and the fans deserve to see that game in LES. Not some neutral site.
B
BroncoBot
EM_Puma wrote:

Do you take the money and run or play Notre Dame in Vegas? Tough one because it does send a message that isn't favorable, but it's still a good match-up for BYU. Bottom line is that I'd rather play them in Vegas than not at all, but I have no idea what the possibility of ever getting them to Provo if we don't hold a firm line. They don't have to play us. They can pay us. I don't know what would push them over the edge to come to Provo. I have my doubts that there is anything.


I'd take the payout and play someone else.
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
How much is the buyout?
C
CougarCrazy
ND has signed new deals since signing their new deal with the ACC. They want to screw BYU over in the deal.



ASU said give them a payout and ND went to Sun Devil stadium instead IIRC. Maybe that was the card to play originally.



At this point I’d support however they handle it. In the early days if independence that deal gave lots of people hope about the viability of independence, so it had more value than just the games. Seems like it might be time to ask for the payout though.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.