Archived Topic

2021 commit Logan Fano decommits

by Fido · 1/25/2020

Advertisement
F
Fido
1220918876021481472

At first this bothered me because most of the time a recruit decommits, they don't re-commit. But as I searched around a bit on this kid, he hasn't exactly been "committed".



He first committed in 8th grade (2017) with teammate Raider Damuni. http://byuinsider.com/football/logan-fano/



By the time he was a junior at Timpview, he already had additional offers from Arizona, Arizona State, Michigan, Nebraska and Washington. He was solidly on Michigan's radar as a potential flip as of April 2019 and Wisconsin as of June 2019.

https://gbmwolverine.com/2019/04/10/michigan-football-wolverines-poised-to-flip-byu-commit-logan-fano/

https://badgerswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/08/wisconsin-offers-2021-lb-logan-fano-a-byu-commit/



Based on how all that is going, I doubt he has been solid with BYU for at least a year. I wonder how many of the early commits like this actually stay solid after 3-4 years of development/change through high school.
E
EM_Puma
This is exactly why I have backed off much news on recruiting and my attention is only grabbed once the LOI is in-hand. When teenagers are involved, well...you know.
M
mtnradio
EM_Puma wrote:

This is exactly why I have backed off much news on recruiting and my attention is only grabbed once the LOI is in-hand. When teenagers are involved, well...you know.


The concept that a college wants to commit an EIGHTH GRADER is foolish on a good day ... there really should be rules against that kind of BS, I think it cannot be helpful to the kid or any team he plays on.
E
EM_Puma
mtnradio wrote:


This is exactly why I have backed off much news on recruiting and my attention is only grabbed once the LOI is in-hand. When teenagers are involved, well...you know.


The concept that a college wants to commit an EIGHTH GRADER is foolish on a good day ... there really should be rules against that kind of BS, I think it cannot be helpful to the kid or any team he plays on.

My understanding was that they can verbally tell your 2-year-old that they will give him a scholie, but for most Division I and Division II sports, coaches can start proactively reaching out to recruits June 15 after sophomore year or September 1 of junior year with actual scholarship offers. So an 8th grader could received a verbal offer, but it's not technically official.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.