Archived Topic

Pacific game

by EM_Puma · 1/24/2020

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
What's the deal with these refs? The Pacific team is almost "riding' the BYU players and no fouls
E
EM_Puma
Impressive win. Weird way to do it with only 4 points from the bench and only 2 players in double figures, but what a 2.



Way to go Cougs!
G
Gunk
That was an ugly game till the last 8 min.



Toolson and Childs were beasts in that game. Loved the chip they played with. Could tell Pacific was talking smack the whole game.



What was up with McCray throwing our guy down and getting in Childs' face. And then the coach from Pacific is shouting at Toolson. It's great to see Pacific on the rise, but this isn't street ball.



Solid won in the road against a good team.
E
EM_Puma
This morning I was thinking, without Pope, this win probably doesn't happen. Why, because Toolson and Childs aren't here.
G
Gunk
EM_Puma wrote:

This morning I was thinking, without Pope, this win probably doesn't happen. Why, because Toolson and Childs aren't here.


Without Pope, Pacific would have rolled us. No Toolson, no Childs, and no defense. It was 53 to 51, with Pacific up midway through the second half. Pacific didn't score for close to 5 min while Toolson rained threes and Childs dominated down low.



Something was up with Haws last night, though. Guy hardly played in the second half.
Advertisement
G
Guest
Where would this team be without Toolson this year? Scary to think about.
E
EM_Puma
hawkwing wrote:

Where would this team be without Toolson this year? Scary to think about.


What I just love though is that there have been different heroes in different games. Toolson has had many, but Haws has had a few, Childs, even Colby Lee had one. Alex can go off, etc. There are so many guns in our holster you'd think this was the wild, wild west!
A
ABYUFAN
Gunk wrote:

What was up with McCray throwing our guy down and getting in Childs' face. And then the coach from Pacific is shouting at Toolson. It's great to see Pacific on the rise, but this isn't street ball.




I was out and about last night and missed the game, and was wondering the same thing. I wanted to see a video of that, but have not found it in any of my casual searches.
G
Gunk
ABYUFAN wrote:


What was up with McCray throwing our guy down and getting in Childs' face. And then the coach from Pacific is shouting at Toolson. It's great to see Pacific on the rise, but this isn't street ball.




I was out and about last night and missed the game, and was wondering the same thing. I wanted to see a video of that, but have not found it in any of my casual searches.


Here's a clip of the throw down:



https://twitter.com/jacobrexlee/status/1220551706670317569?s=09



No clip of the trash talking McCray was doing to Childs.
E
EM_Puma
So McCray was tossed for that throw down correct? I had stepped out of the room when it happened. Need to see if I can find the replay on Stadium TV.
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
EM_Puma wrote:

So McCray was tossed for that throw down correct? I had stepped out of the room when it happened. Need to see if I can find the replay on Stadium TV.


Yes, the ref's reviewed the play, called a flagrant 2 and tossed him. I didn't see the trash talking though.
G
Gunk
frdbtr wrote:


So McCray was tossed for that throw down correct? I had stepped out of the room when it happened. Need to see if I can find the replay on Stadium TV.


Yes, the ref's reviewed the play, called a flagrant 2 and tossed him. I didn't see the trash talking though.


In the first few minutes of the game, Childs posted up on McCray, he pivoted and went up for the shot. McCray crossed his arm across the front of Childs and knocked the ball out of Childs' hands. Childs thought he got fouled ( looked like it to me) and started pleading his case to the refs. While Childs was pleading his case, McCray stood right across from Childs. Face was less than two feet away and McCray was jawing at Childs the whole time Childs was talking to the ref. At one point Childs looked over at McCray with this "what the h#$l" look. McCray just kept nodding and jawing at Childs.



Shortly thereafter McCray got a bit physical and looked like he was talking some more trash. Stoudamire pulled him. He then put McCray back in and a few possessions later McCray threw Seljaas to the floor. His whole team was like, what are you doing? At one point the cameras caught Stoudamire shaking his head at McCray and saying something to him when it became obvious it was going to be a flagrant 2.



I remember watching the first few minutes and thinking, what's up with this McCray guy...did a BYU player run over his dog or something.
E
EM_Puma
Thanks on the detail. Sorry I missed that.



We quickly fell behind 8-0 and Pope called a TO. That's when I made the first post of this thread because it appeared to me that the refs were going to let Pacific manhandle the Cougs. It was very obvious that they were missing fouls and BYU was beginning to look at the refs like, "hey, what gives?"



After trying to get Stadium TV on my regular TV, I had finally given up and was watching it on my computer in my home office. I had just gotten home late from work and my wife kind of wanted some time, so I went out in the living room with her and missed all that and Toolson's run-in with the Pacific bench or whatever. I thought one of the benefits of Stadium TV was going to be the ability to watch a rebroadcast of the game. I tried last night to find a replay of the game and I didn't find one, just a highlights. Anyone else know of where to find a rebroadcast option of the entire game? Boy does BYUtv and ESPN+ have me spoiled in that regard.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.