Archived Topic

What is Stadium TV?

by EM_Puma · 1/23/2020

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
What's going on that the next three road games are on Stadium TV?



I've never heard of them. Are they new? Is this a new development in the WCC?



I've got to get this figured out by Thursday.



I'm glad there is an option to see every game, I just wish it was as easy as turning on ESPN, BYUtv or Root Sports.
W
Wolverine
Download the PlutoTV app for free. Stadium is on channel 491. Btw, I’m with you on the old school watching TV stuff, but I’m learning new tricks all the time
B
BYULV
Here in Vegas its on cable, channel 090. Their online stream seems ok as well, and it's free. Looks like you can watch the games on demand later as well if you don't get a chance to watch live.
E
EM_Puma
So does Stadium TV have their own camera crews and announcer/analysts?
Advertisement
B
BYULV
It was ok on cable, but not HD, kinda crappy picture like the MTN Tv days. Well, not quite that bad, I could at least make out who each of the players were.
E
EM_Puma
I didn't have any problems watching the game Thursday. I have no idea if it's because there are more people on here on a Saturday, but the stupid thing is constantly freezing. Ugh!!!!!!
B
BYULV
picture was terrible saturday night. Had a really hard time following the ball because of the lack of clarity.
E
EM_Puma
BYULV wrote:

picture was terrible saturday night. Had a really hard time following the ball because of the lack of clarity.

I messed around the whole 1st half with the bad reception on Stadium TV and was looking back at the BYUCougars.com website and I noticed, and then remembered, that it was being televised in SLC on KJZZ. By the time I do that, USF has caught up and started to go by the Y and I turned it off. :sulk:
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
I've been watching the Stadium games through the Roku Channel on the Roku and the picture quality has been excellent with only one brief moment of lag over the last couple of games.



My only beefs are (1) no replay, pause, or delayed start availability, and (2) while I like the stat bar at the top of the screen, they really need to do a better job of differentiating between the game clock and the shot clock.



Other than that, it's been great.
G
Gunk
My cable provider (Spectrum) has Stadium, but like BYUtv it's low definition. I was just glad to be able to see the game. Next time maybe I will stream it over my TV.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.