F
FidoI don't recall having much of a conversation about it--but I was recently reading up on the MWC's new TV deal where they basically have left ESPN in favor of the CBS and FOX network families--including Boise State.
https://themw.com/documents/2020/1/9//MW_Media_Rights_Agreements_Fact_Sheet.pdf
As part of the deal, CBS Networks get rights to 23 conference games including all Boise State Conference road games and the Conference Championship Game. FOX networks get rights to 16-23 conference games including all Boise State home games.
With no Boise State/MWC games on the ESPN networks, I wonder how they are going to adjust their content. I'm hoping it means some more favorable channels/times for games this next year with the name opponents on the 2020 schedule, but I guess we'll see as the schedule dates/times are announced.
Though BYU gives ESPN some pretty good games this year:
Sep 12 BYU vs Michigan State
Oct 2 BYU vs Utah State (ESPN hypes up the Wagon Wheel trophy)
Oct 10 BYU vs Missouri
Oct 17 BYU vs Houston
Nov 14 BYU vs San Diego State
Surely the North Alabama home game will be the BYUtv game.
As far as road games go,
- BYU @ Boise State would be on FOX networks under the new MWC tv deal
- Sep 5 Utah, Sep 19 Arizona State, and Nov 28 Stanford would be under the PAC12 tv deal (ESPN/FOX)
- Sep 26 Minnesota would fall under the Big 10 tv deal (ESPN/FOX)
- Oct 24 Northern Illinois would fall under the MAC tv (CBS Sports Network)
What I'm reading is no crazy PPV subscriber deal to get a streaming BYU game this year. Everything looks poised for national TV availability with hopefully some more favorable TV kickoff times. This feels a bit like the peak in availability of the independent TV schedule.
As part of the deal, CBS Networks get rights to 23 conference games including all Boise State Conference road games and the Conference Championship Game. FOX networks get rights to 16-23 conference games including all Boise State home games.
With no Boise State/MWC games on the ESPN networks, I wonder how they are going to adjust their content. I'm hoping it means some more favorable channels/times for games this next year with the name opponents on the 2020 schedule, but I guess we'll see as the schedule dates/times are announced.
Though BYU gives ESPN some pretty good games this year:
Sep 12 BYU vs Michigan State
Oct 2 BYU vs Utah State (ESPN hypes up the Wagon Wheel trophy)
Oct 10 BYU vs Missouri
Oct 17 BYU vs Houston
Nov 14 BYU vs San Diego State
Surely the North Alabama home game will be the BYUtv game.
As far as road games go,
- BYU @ Boise State would be on FOX networks under the new MWC tv deal
- Sep 5 Utah, Sep 19 Arizona State, and Nov 28 Stanford would be under the PAC12 tv deal (ESPN/FOX)
- Sep 26 Minnesota would fall under the Big 10 tv deal (ESPN/FOX)
- Oct 24 Northern Illinois would fall under the MAC tv (CBS Sports Network)
What I'm reading is no crazy PPV subscriber deal to get a streaming BYU game this year. Everything looks poised for national TV availability with hopefully some more favorable TV kickoff times. This feels a bit like the peak in availability of the independent TV schedule.

