Archived Topic

Utah Rolled

by BoiseBYU · 1/1/2020

Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
I confess. I did not see that one coming.
G
Guest
I loved it.
S
SenorCougar
Utes played like “poo-poo” team...
C
CougarCrazy
Glorious
F
Fido
Whatever Texas was doing at the line of scrimmage worked. Their d-line dominated the o-line and kept Huntley scrambling. Moss was bottled up from getting those big runs and they frequently had to look pass due to down and distance. It was fun to watch. Great game Texas!
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
It’s like someone turned the lights out and UT went home— over a month ago.
B
byufan4ever
Not that surprising really. A team that thought they were going to be in the playoffs or at least one of the major bowls has a hard time being motivied. They didn't want to be there. Still, however much fun we want to make of them they are way better than us.
B
BoiseBYU
byufan4ever wrote:

Not that surprising really. A team that thought they were going to be in the playoffs or at least one of the major bowls has a hard time being motivied. They didn't want to be there. Still, however much fun we want to make of them they are way better than us.


I get that could explain Texas, but it does not explain being totally owned by Oregon. There, they were playing for a chance to be in the playoffs. And they were totally owned there too.
C
CougarCrazy
BoiseBYU wrote:


Not that surprising really. A team that thought they were going to be in the playoffs or at least one of the major bowls has a hard time being motivied. They didn't want to be there. Still, however much fun we want to make of them they are way better than us.


I get that could explain Texas, but it does not explain being totally owned by Oregon. There, they were playing for a chance to be in the playoffs. And they were totally owned there too.


It’s the Nick Saben theory or Oregon Was The Real Utah theory. I was so mad during the Utah game because I thought BYU should have been able to win.



As a totally biased person, I also believe in the 2nd theory.
W
Wolverine
Couldn’t have happened to a finer bunch of Utes.
Advertisement
1
1967cougar
I went to bed early on New Year's Eve (had to get up at 4:30 and be at work the next morning) well before the game ended. My New Year's wish was that the Pukes would lose. I must say, this is a glorious year so far! I rather imagine it will remain glorious until Sept. 5. Love my Cougs as I do, I just am resigned to four more years of Sitaki-infused mediocrity.
F
frdbtr
"Best ever" ute team gets rolled by Oregon and Texas in back to back games.
B
byufan4ever
BYU fans: Utah fans care more about BYU losing than their own team winning.

Also BYU fans: top posts on BYU fan boards and social media is loving Utah losing.
S
Sammich
byufan4ever wrote:

BYU fans: Utah fans care more about BYU losing than their own team winning.

Also BYU fans: top posts on BYU fan boards and social media is loving Utah losing.


Most Ute losses don't get near the attention, it's just because we're bored and disappointed with our own season. Any bright spot in that haze of sports ennui is likely to get some extra comments. When in 5 years or so and Sitake finally figures out how to be consistent or Holmoe finally gets us a coach with some real drive to win, the Utah loss discussions will drop back to their usual level.
E
EM_Puma
I absolutely could not believe how much I enjoyed watching it. It was right up there 2nd only to watching BYU beat someone.



I didn't see it coming whatsoever. I had watched them bulldoze over most of their opponents and had figured that Oregon had gotten lucky and made the most excellent scheme and execution, but watching them get pulverized two games in a row, after they had reached a #5 ranking, no, totally surprised.



Honestly, I still don't 100% know if they were totally over-rated or totally self-destructed. Seldom has a KW team augured-in like that.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
So did BYU turn out to be Utah's best win?
B
BroncoBot
Maybe washington?
B
byufan4ever
BYU fans: I won't be watching many BYU games next year.

Also BYU fans: I loved watching Utah against Texas!
S
scott715
Well I refuse to watch any Utah games (except for the Y game). No need to increase their viewership numbers and I don't care about them.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.