Archived Topic

Why did Aaron Rodderick call that pass on 3rd and 2?

by hawkwing · 12/25/2019

Advertisement
G
Guest
We know ARod calls all the passing plays and maybe decides if it's a run or pass so why call a rollout left on 3rd and 2 when you need to run out the clock and make 2 yards? It baffles the mind.
B
BoiseBYU
Second. Worse. Call. Ever. I think I’d have told Aaron you have two downs to get two yards a la BSU.
B
BoiseBYU
Maybe BYU should do what BSU did. After the UW wipeout reporters asked Harsin the BSU head coach who called certain plays during the game and he declined to answer, saying it was confidential. In fact he declined to say who called any of the plays.....
S
SpiffCoug
PTSD after we couldn't get two yards to win the game against Utah last year when we ran it?
G
Guest
BYU was averaging 5.8 yards per carry and Hawaii is one of the worst running defenses in the country.
Advertisement
M
mtnradio
hawkwing wrote:

BYU was averaging 5.8 yards per carry and Hawaii is one of the worst running defenses in the country.

So, with that, yeah! Let's run to the left, to the short side of the field, to the QBs weak side, make him throw on the run to a receiver in traffic ... yeah, that sounds like a great idea ...
F
frdbtr
Well according to our head coach, Grimes called it, so maybe only the successful pass plays are the ones that Roderick calls.
B
BYZoo
I don't understand how a coach that actually makes money to make such calls could make such a stupid call. It's beyond comprehension. To me, it's obvious now that the biggest problems with the football program lie in the coaching. It's not talent. These guys turned an 11-2 season into 7-6 with incompetent coaching. It all goes back to Sitake. He sets the tone for the program. I don't see it getting better and if Holmoe is smart, the renewal contract has a low buyout and we're looking for a new head coach next year at this time. I don't see this changing, even if there is a significant change in the coordinators or assistants.
1
1967cougar
BYZoo wrote:

I don't understand how a coach that actually makes money to make such calls could make such a stupid call. It's beyond comprehension. To me, it's obvious now that the biggest problems with the football program lie in the coaching. It's not talent. These guys turned an 11-2 season into 7-6 with incompetent coaching. It all goes back to Sitake. He sets the tone for the program. I don't see it getting better and if Holmoe is smart, the renewal contract has a low buyout and we're looking for a new head coach next year at this time. I don't see this changing, even if there is a significant change in the coordinators or assistants.

Amen and amen!
B
BoiseBYU
He thought we was at Oregon....
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.