Archived Topic

Hawaii bowl

by a1247 · 12/25/2019

Advertisement
A
a1247
Come on cougar corner lets get a game thread going. Cougarboard is not where I want to go to talk byu football. Over there it's nothing but wine and cry I hate this player and that player blah blah blah.



The offense has been clicking for the most part. The defense just played the worse half of football I've seen from BYU in a long time. I don't care Wilson has been good, every qb makes mistakes Zach has made a few but also made some good plays. This game is on the defense to make adjustments at halftime.
B
BoiseBYU
D has had two strong series to start the second half after being totally owned in the first half. O has been mostly on but then misses. Entertaining game.
B
BoiseBYU
Zach is a great athlete but a turnover machine too
B
BoiseBYU
PS. I’m trying to earn extra points with Santa by watching the game.
R
Raiderboy
That supposed fumble on the goal line was clearly a TD. Complete robbery of 7 points by the ref who had a great angle and by ESPN who apparently doesn't have goal-line cameras present.
Advertisement
R
Raiderboy
Toss sweeps and slow developing fullback dives on the 5-yard line don't work, fellas.
B
BoiseBYU
Refs hosing us.
R
Raiderboy
That field goal went right over the upright. Now they've just randomly took 10 points off the board for BYU in the second half.
A
a1247
Raiderboy wrote:

That field goal went right over the upright. Now they've just randomly took 10 points off the board for BYU in the second half.

I've never seen the kicker calling it good but the refs call it bad.
A
a1247
All those trips into the red zone with no points are coming back to haunt the cougs. I hope this isn't a repeat of USF and Toledo
Advertisement
R
Raiderboy
a1247 wrote:

All those trips into the red zone with no points are coming back to haunt the cougs. I hope this isn't a repeat of USF and Toledo


To be fair, it's hard to score points in the red zone when the referees don't know what a touchdown and field goal look like.
B
BoiseBYU
I just watched the second worst call ever.
R
Raiderboy
Absolutely pathetic. Easy throw on 3rd and 2 to win it and underthrown by Wilson. Terrible playcalling in the 4th quarter. Terrible prevent defense gave up 60 yards in 2 plays with under 2 minutes left. Terrible INT to end the game.



We've been bad or average for 3 years running now.
A
a1247
It's going to take a while to get over this one. It's going to be a while until BYU has a winning record again. The next 2 years are brutal the coaching staff is a joke the whole entire program from top to bottom is a joke. Is it so wrong to want this program to succeed? If that makes me a fair weathered fan then so be it I am sick of everything this program has become. I am over watching them do the same thing over and over but expecting different results.
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Converting that 3rd and 2 with 2 minutes left and Hawaii out of timeouts = BYU win.



Why throw the ball?



It was the perfect opportunity to use the scrum package.
Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
We deserved to lose after that horrible defense. I am not going to support Sitake until he gets rid of Tuiaki.
F
Fido
a1247 wrote:

Come on cougar corner lets get a game thread going. Cougarboard is not where I want to go to talk byu football. Over there it's nothing but wine and cry I hate this player and that player blah blah blah.



The offense has been clicking for the most part. The defense just played the worse half of football I've seen from BYU in a long time. I don't care Wilson has been good, every qb makes mistakes Zach has made a few but also made some good plays. This game is on the defense to make adjustments at halftime.



a1247 wrote:

It's going to take a while to get over this one. It's going to be a while until BYU has a winning record again. The next 2 years are brutal the coaching staff is a joke the whole entire program from top to bottom is a joke. Is it so wrong to want this program to succeed? If that makes me a fair weathered fan then so be it I am sick of everything this program has become. I am over watching them do the same thing over and over but expecting different results.


:whistle:
F
Fido
Lots of mistakes screwed up the end of the 4th quarter. The third and 2 execution on BYU's drive was awful with Wilson throwing the pass behind the receiver and short killing what would have been a game-winning drive. Then the Tooley targeting call on the punt return wiped out the half the distance to the goal blindside block penalty for Hawaii and actually improved Hawaii's field position for their fast final scoring drive to take the lead.

Dayan then runs the kick return right into the oncoming rush nearly coughing up the ball. Then after a couple of quick nice passes to move down the field, Wilson looks down Bushman--who seemed to casually be interested in that errant pass and allowed the defender to jump the route and end the game.



Play calling is suspect on that 3rd and 2nd play....seemed like the coaches were overthinking it as the team doesn't have a solid healthy RB who can get you those 2 yards reliably. Lots of blame to go all around.



But hey, I'm excited to see some of the depth coming in the defensive backfield and some of the other positions like RB and OL. I'd love to see the team come out next year and not give up 300+ yards every game to opposing defenses.



I guess the next thing to watch for is Bushman and/or Tonga leaving school announcements and whether or not Ty'son Williams is going to get another year. And start getting ready for spring...
G
Gunk
Well, I didn't waste my time watching the game. Honestly, I don't see myself watching many, if any, next season.
K
KingCoug
Anyone still wanting any of these guys around needs a brain implant. Fire Sitake and the rest of his stinkin' staff. Oh wait, Holome - in his never ending brilliance - extended a 7-6 coach who lost to Toledo, South Florida, San Diego State and Hawaii.



And what do we have coming up next year? Utah. Michigan State. Arizona State. Minnesota. Missouri. Boise State. Stanford.



Hey, I'm sure Kalani & Co. are up to the challenge.



:lol: :blush: :roll: :~( :sick:
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.