Jarhead wrote:
Plus it doesnât help that I wonât be watching live (Christmas Eve is off limits for me).
Nothing wrong in watching the game later. I watch most of the games taped. Two reasons. 1. I hate commercials; 2. I don't like the anxiety of close games live.
Yeah, I know--I'm a wuss about that, but I have found I can manage my feelings of anxiety doing it that way. Many times I never watch the losses. I've still got the SDSU game I've got to watch.
If I'm at a contest, I can handle the anxiety, mostly. I left the Puketah game with 2:30 left on the clock. I just couldn't handle being there with all those Puketah fans after losing a game where we were clearly the better team.
As for today's game. Christmas Eve is our traditional family celebration and so I'll HAVE to tape the game to watch later. Still, I celebrate that they were good enough this year to make it to a bowl game and it can never be bad for recruiting to take a team on a 4-5 day trip, with their families, to Hawaii. As it was pointed out this week, BYU will receive 1.2 million for the game, but don't expect to make any money on the trip. They spend it all for the experience and I like that they are not cheap. Those athletes put their physical lives on the line out there all year for our entertainment.