Archived Topic

Utah State

by Gunk · 12/15/2019

Advertisement
G
Gunk
We won! Great win for us. Shooting was not what it was.



Haws carried us is in the first 10 min. Childs battled and Barcello was the hero down the stretch.



Only other team to beat Utah this season so far is SMC. Good gauge of where we are at.



We held USU's top guy well under his average.
F
frdbtr
Nice win! now with Childs back, we should be a tough team to beat.
E
EM_Puma
Great win for Cougs. Tight game.



How in the world do we get 11,356 to a game in Vivant against UNLV and then only 10,291 at the same place a week later with a BYU vs. USU? That makes no sense, especially since BYUtv reported that it appeared 60/40 in favor of USU.
G
Guest
Army Navy game was on. I'd rather be at home watching that.
E
EM_Puma
hawkwing wrote:

Army Navy game was on. I'd rather be at home watching that.


I can't say much because I wasn't there. I wasn't ready to attempt to view another rivalry in SLC after the Puketah debacle the week before. That still hurts, but this made it feel a bit better. I only wish Puketah wouldn't be so stuck up and play USU more frequently. They really do try to ignore them in most sports.



I think the annual Church Christmas program was probably going on at the Conference Center and that would have taken from the game too.
Advertisement
N
nuk13
Utah state was in the top 20 (16 I think) just a week or 2 ago. This wasn't a good win, it was a great win! They have 7 footers. Look for them to return to the top 20.



I am with EM, I'd love to see Utah state take on the Utes. I doubt the Utes want to play them. I'd love to see us play the Utes again too.
E
EM_Puma
Our new Kenpom ranking is #41.



USU dropped to #48, so not much of a drop, which is good.



Some opponents: Kansas #4; Gonzaga #7; Houston #30; SDSU #34; SMC #44; VA Tech #67; Nevada #94; San Francisco #102; Boise St #105; Utah #108; UCLA #114; Pepperdine #129; SUU #177; UNLV #181
B
BroncoBot
That utah loss. Ugh.
B
BroncoBot
Boise state. REEEEEEEEEEEE
G
Gunk
Yeah, the BSU and Utah losses really sting. Shouldn't have dropped those two.
Advertisement
W
Wingnut
It's also pretty obvious to me that the good shooting goes down when the ball stops moving well.
A
ABYUFAN
BroncoBot wrote:

Boise state. REEEEEEEEEEEE


In fairness, I'm pretty sure that BSU feels worse about our football victory than we do about their hoops victory. So there is that.
B
BroncoBot
That is a nice moral victory.
A
ABYUFAN
BroncoBot wrote:

That is a nice moral victory.


More like a happy coincidence
B
BroncoBot
ABYUFAN wrote:


That is a nice moral victory.


More like a happy coincidence


Either way, I'll take it.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.