Archived Topic

Worst Refs Ever

by byufan4ever · 12/5/2019

Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
Nothing else to say.
G
Gunk
That was horrific. But our ball movement down the stretch was even worse.
C
coachK
Near the end of the game when the commentators said that the refs earned there pay tonight, my first thought was “how much did coach Kry pay them?”
B
byufan4ever
I mean it was conspiracy levels bad. If I was Pope every answer to a question in the post game interview would have been 31-17 (FT difference) or 29-17 (fould difference).
G
Guest
Terrible.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
The only call that truly bothered me was the backcourt violation late in the game (under 2 min?) with BYU leading.



I thought the ball was clearly deflected by a Ute. Yes, the final touch did come off a Cougar, but possession was lost because of a Ute defensive swipe. That final touch off of Toolson's knee/thigh should NOT have constituted front court possession and a back court violation. Further, Toolson was pushed as he as coming to receive the pass by the Ute defender who then knocked the ball from Toolson's hands.



Change that solitary play and BYU likely wins that game. It was an egregious miss that I believe cost the Cougars the victory.
B
BYULV
Or one of the several calls on Haws to foul him out. Very ticky tack and inconsistent with how the game was called at the other end.
B
byufan4ever
I've been a ref and I was taught the most important part is to be consistent and call the same level of fouls on both ends of the floor. You're not going to make all of the right calls but try to be consistent. These refs were anything but. BYU was probably called for like 8 offensive fouls when only maybe one or two were legit. Mark Pope's response to the reffing after the game was hilarious. He was very sarcastic in saying that they were the best refs on the planet.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.