Archived Topic

VA Tech

by Gunk · 11/28/2019

Advertisement
G
Gunk
We really don't have any other option on offense other than shooting threes. The only time the ball goes past the three point line is when it is shot.



On the bright side, our three point game should be on point for the rest of the season.
G
Gunk
Well, we came out at the half determined to get to the paint. Good adjustments. Caught VA Tech off guard and the offense is clicking much better.
G
Gunk
Haws is putting on a show!
B
BoiseBYU
Haws has been outstanding. Kolby Lee’s development continues to amaze me. Such a pleasant development.
B
BoiseBYU
Very satisfying win.
Advertisement
G
Gunk
Great win!!



Loved the ball movement in the 2nd half. The back door cuts and rotations were a thing of beauty; something we haven't seen in a while.
E
EM_Puma
I enjoy hearing what off the wall comment that Bill Walton will make next, but also it would be enjoyable to have someone legitimately cover the game.



Watching the game made me sit in a bit of awe and wonder if Pope has actually been instrumental in really improving the shooting at BYU. We've lagged behind so much for so many years now under Rose with our shooting--especially the 3-point ball, and now in two of the last 3 games it's been where we always imagined it could be.



Mark Pope focused initially, per reports, so much on all the shot practice the team was getting and then in the first half-dozen games I thought it had been an attempt to bring about something that would never happen. Now, all of a sudden, there seems to be much more confidence and BYU has relied on what we always hoped, their ability to shoot.



This is going to be interesting to see then how this transitions with Yoeli Childs being induced into the plan. If done correctly (and I don't know that I could ever do what I'm hoping MP can), this can be a very good team. I can't even imaging what we could have seen with Baxter and Wade joining in as well.
S
scott715
An inside presence should open up better 3 looks
N
nuk13
BoiseBYU wrote:

Haws has been outstanding. Kolby Lee’s development continues to amaze me. Such a pleasant development.


The updates to the right says Kolby Lee shot 17 of 20 from the field and averaged 12 points/game! I am also amazed and pleased with how he's come along. This should pay off as the season progresses. Childs silly suspension by the NCAA now gives us 2 good inside players.
E
EM_Puma
nuk13 wrote:


Haws has been outstanding. Kolby Lee’s development continues to amaze me. Such a pleasant development.


The updates to the right says Kolby Lee shot 17 of 20 from the field and averaged 12 points/game! I am also amazed and pleased with how he's come along. This should pay off as the season progresses. Childs silly suspension by the NCAA now gives us 2 good inside players.


Yes, to me that is astounding. I am a bit surprised and glad that we finally have a coach that can really develop our big guys.
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
My biggest kudo to Mark Pope & company was their ability to win 2 out of 3 games played in 3 days. On the radio I kept hearing yesterday on how BYU probably would run out of gas now in the 3rd game not being as deep of a team as VaTech, but you didn't see that at all.



BYU shot 54.2% from the floor, 50% from 3-point, and 81.8% from FT. That is a formula for winning games. I haven't looked, at it isn't important, but when was the last time all five of our starters were in double figures as they were last night? That's another ingredient to a very successful team.



BYU 4-0 all-time vs. the Hokies!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.