Archived Topic

Kalani Extended through 2023

by hawkwing · 11/17/2019

Advertisement
G
Guest
Extended. At least Tom Holmoe was wearing an "Extend Kalani" t-shirt in the locker room after the game.
E
EM_Puma
How weird was that?
K
KingCoug
Just beat a true college football powerhouse in Idaho State. 6-4 on the season and 23-23 overall. 4 losses to our stinkin' rival, who by the way, is knocking on the door of the Rose Bowl.



I can totally see why Holmoe wants to extend Sitake's contract. We're all about setting the bar high at BYU.
S
scott715
Of course he wants to extend him but needs reasons to justify it like running a winning program.
Advertisement
F
Fido
KingCoug wrote:

Just beat a true college football powerhouse in Idaho State. 6-4 on the season and 23 26-23 overall. 4 losses to our stinkin' rival, who by the way, is knocking on the door of the Rose Bowl.



I can totally see why Holmoe wants to extend Sitake's contract. We're all about setting the bar high at BYU.


FIFY https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/coaches/kalani-sitake-1.html
F
Fido
Now the extension is official:
1196487197915959296
F
Fido
1196487367655182336
F
Fido
1196487008102674432
Advertisement
G
Guest
Extended through 2023 season.
A
ABYUFAN
I can live with that - a 3 year extension doesn't strike me as inappropriate. I myself would have voted for a 2 year extension, but ultimately I've got no say in the matter so I won't lose any sleep over it. I still believe that he is a great person but not a good coach. I hope that he proves me wrong every year through 2023
B
BroncoBot
Odd.



KS played his card right. He knew he had to beat BSU and USU. Winnable games. But respectable wins. I really think BYu didn't prep for USF or toledo. All energy was on BSU for those weeks.
S
snoscythe
What caliber of football programs extend coaches in the same season they give you two losses to teams ranked worse than 100?



And lest anyone accuse me of not being a "true" fan, I'm a die-hard Dallas Cowboys fan. I am well accustomed to loving a team while at the same time hating the Owner, GM, Head Coach, QB, waterboy, etc.
W
Wolverine
snoscythe wrote:

What caliber of football programs extend coaches in the same season they give you two losses to teams ranked worse than 100?



And lest anyone accuse me of not being a "true" fan, I'm a die-hard Dallas Cowboys fan. I am well accustomed to loving a team while at the same time hating the Owner, GM, Head Coach, QB, waterboy, etc.


The same caliber of program that extended a coach in the same season he gave you two wins to teams ranked better than 50 8)
Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
Three year extension for a .531 win record! Good thing he's bringing in better recruiting classes...
B
BroncoBot
snoscythe wrote:

What caliber of football programs extend coaches in the same season they give you two losses to teams ranked worse than 100?



And lest anyone accuse me of not being a "true" fan, I'm a die-hard Dallas Cowboys fan. I am well accustomed to loving a team while at the same time hating the Owner, GM, Head Coach, QB, waterboy, etc.


Indeed. I'm not even sure where the bar/standard is anymore.
E
EM_Puma
BroncoBot wrote:

Indeed. I'm not even sure where the bar/standard is anymore.


You and me brother! ;)
A
ABYUFAN
In fairness to Sitake Boise State may be the program's best win in probably over a decade going by end of season ranking. Sitake also may finish the season with a win over a bowl-eligible SEC school on the road. This season has been tough on me ever being able to figure this team out. I hope that this team at some point turns the corner, but they certainly aren't showing signs of that in their lackluster performances these past two weeks.
S
snoscythe
hawkwing wrote:

Extended through 2023 season.


Apparently the extension was made possible by a multi-million dollar donation from the Crimson Club to keep Kalani at the helm.
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.