Archived Topic

I knew this was a young team, but....

by Fido · 11/12/2019

Advertisement
F
Fido
1194039936447463424
S
scott715
Some more freshman should get game time Saturday.
B
blue42
scott715 wrote:

Some more freshman should get game time Saturday.


Well lets hope it is for good reasons they get the playing time, such as, we are blowing out Idaho St, and not bad reasons, such as, we have more injuries to the starters.
E
EM_Puma
I've heard this item mentioned in local radio last couple of weeks and it surprised me a bit. I haven't gone back to look at the numbers, but I thought we were already a bit younger of a team before this season. Maybe I'm just thinking of the QB's, but this took me a bit by surprise that we've needed to rely that heavily on freshmen.
A
a1247
If I'm not mistaken they only have 15 juniors on the team. So next year there will only be 15 seniors plus the possibility of 2 seniors this year who redshirted (Wilcox and Warner) That means on a team of 85+ players only around 33-35 are upper class men.
Advertisement
B
blue42
I just checked the roster listed on the BYU Athlectics site and it breaks down this way

22 Seniors, we know Warner and Wilcox will redshirt

18 Juniors

32 Sophomores

51 Freshmen

I don't know how that compares to previous years but this seems insane! BYU should be pretty good over the next couple of years because they already have some big contributors in the Sophomore and Freshmen classes.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.