E
EM_PumaI've watched the game for the 2nd time and I don't exactly know why this is one of those wins where listening to the fans, you would have sworn we had lost.
I know 2 of Liberty's wins were against lower division teams, but that was a team with a very good offense. I just feel that not enough credit was given to Liberty. If we hadn't had the two turnovers, then the game isn't as close.
Now, about the scrum play and the fake field goal...I don't hardly know what to say rather than to question an answer...What the heck was that all about? You had 4 options on the 4th down play near the end of the game. 1. Run a standard play on the 4th down; 2. Kick a field goal ; 3. Punt the ball; 4. Run a "special play" (as Grimes calls them). 1 and 2 had higher probability and yet we picked #4 and were stuffed for a loss. So far with Kalani, we've seen him call some bone-headed stupid plays. I just don't get it unless he continues to believe that you try the most difficult option as most normal minded coach would not do that, so it comes as a big surprise. The problem is when the probability is so astronomically out there, they don't plan for them and it's usually not hurt them.
It will be interesting to see Liberty vs Virginia to see what kind of opponent we beat. As noted, we were 0-2 on turnovers and won the game. That usually indicative of strongly being the better team.
I know 2 of Liberty's wins were against lower division teams, but that was a team with a very good offense. I just feel that not enough credit was given to Liberty. If we hadn't had the two turnovers, then the game isn't as close.
Now, about the scrum play and the fake field goal...I don't hardly know what to say rather than to question an answer...What the heck was that all about? You had 4 options on the 4th down play near the end of the game. 1. Run a standard play on the 4th down; 2. Kick a field goal ; 3. Punt the ball; 4. Run a "special play" (as Grimes calls them). 1 and 2 had higher probability and yet we picked #4 and were stuffed for a loss. So far with Kalani, we've seen him call some bone-headed stupid plays. I just don't get it unless he continues to believe that you try the most difficult option as most normal minded coach would not do that, so it comes as a big surprise. The problem is when the probability is so astronomically out there, they don't plan for them and it's usually not hurt them.
It will be interesting to see Liberty vs Virginia to see what kind of opponent we beat. As noted, we were 0-2 on turnovers and won the game. That usually indicative of strongly being the better team.

