Archived Topic

Trevin Knell huh?

by EM_Puma · 11/2/2019

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
Somehow I'm surprised I didn't even seem somewhat familiar with the name of Trevin Knell. The story that he once accepted an offer to play for Cal before his mission seemed somewhat familiar, but I heard no one mention his name in the preseason this fall. It's very rare for an unknown to hit the floor at BYU and make 5 of 6 3-pointers where no hype whatsoever had existed. He ended up with 19 points and hit both of his foul shots.



It will be fun to see if this wasn't a fluke, but it was a good surprise. After BYU had gone 0-5 on 3-pointers I thought, "here we go again". As a team, with Knell's heavy hand in the matter, they ended up 9/17 for 53%. We average any where near that 3-point shooting percentage and we'll have quite the successful year.



It's only an exhibition game and Knell had more minutes that he normally would if TJ weren't ill, but it was a wonderful surprise.
G
Guest
Heck of a game for the kid. Excited to see what he can do against higher level competition.
S
SpiffCoug
Meh. Lots of kids have good shooting nights early in the season against awful teams. Let's see him replicate it, even once. I'm full on, wait and see on this kid.
G
Gunk
Remember when Cannon came out on fire...
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.