Archived Topic

Army announces bowl agreement thru 2025

by Fido · 10/25/2019

Advertisement
F
Fido
I don't know if this is any indication what we might end up with, but....





https://fbschedules.com/army-announces-bowl-agreements-through-the-2025-season/



The Army Black Knights have signed an agreement for a six-year tie-in with ESPN Events and the Independence Bowl, Army West Point Director of Athletics Mike Buddie announced on Thursday.



Under the agreement, Army will play in the Independence Bowl in even years and in an ESPN owned and operated bowl in odd years.
Y
YNot
Fido wrote:

I don't know if this is any indication what we might end up with, but....





https://fbschedules.com/army-announces-bowl-agreements-through-the-2025-season/



The Army Black Knights have signed an agreement for a six-year tie-in with ESPN Events and the Independence Bowl, Army West Point Director of Athletics Mike Buddie announced on Thursday.



Under the agreement, Army will play in the Independence Bowl in even years and in an ESPN owned and operated bowl in odd years.


I believe this is exactly where BYU will end up. A partial deal with the Independence Bowl and otherwise part of the ESPN Events bowl pool that includes Armed Forces, First Responders, Hawaii, Gasparilla, Idaho Potato, Frisco, etc.



I believe PAC and MWC will also each have 3 bids in 6 years to the Independence Bowl. I wouldn't mind for BYU to have 3 years as well, but not the even years opposite Army....I'd like Army v. BYU to be a possible Independence Bowl match up.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.