Archived Topic

Ty'Son Williams out for season with ACL tear

by Fido · 9/22/2019

Advertisement
F
Fido
1175904545659994112
U
Ungoy
All the bad words!



This sucks big time. Our already hurting and inconsistent offense just got a lot worse.



Don't know if he would be able to qualify for a medical redshirt or if he'd want to, but it has been great to have him as a Cougar.
N
nuk13
Good luck to him but our luck doesn't look so good.
K
KingCoug
First Anderson, now Williams.



A stark reminder of the punishing results of playing P5 teams week in and week out, and the resulting need for depth.
F
frdbtr
This is a tough loss. Hope he recovers soon.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
I'd like to see some data to back up this assumption that there are more injuries when playing P5 opponents vs. playing G5 or FCS opponents.



Sounds like a bunch of hooey to me.



When we start with a light schedule and someone goes down against a MWC foe, we hear "that's why we need to play the tough teams first when we're healthy!!"



When we start with a tough schedule and someone goes down against a P5 foe, we hear "now we're going to be too beat up for the rest of the season!!"



I don't think the level of your opponent is a contributing factor in amount/extent/degree of injury unless you are just WAY WAY over-matched.
F
frdbtr
snoscythe wrote:

I'd like to see some data to back up this assumption that there are more injuries when playing P5 opponents vs. playing G5 or FCS opponents.



Sounds like a bunch of hooey to me.



When we start with a light schedule and someone goes down against a MWC foe, we hear "that's why we need to play the tough teams first when we're healthy!!"



When we start with a tough schedule and someone goes down against a P5 foe, we hear "now we're going to be too beat up for the rest of the season!!"



I don't think the level of your opponent is a contributing factor in amount/extent/degree of injury unless you are just WAY WAY over-matched.


Yeah, I agree, Williams' injury could have happened against anyone. The tackler went low on him and got him exactly when his foot was planted causing the knee to buckle.
C
CougarCrazy
A hit in the side of a planted knee is brutal.



I’d love to see him back next season, but I can understand if he doesn’t even want to apply. He looks like a great RB. I think he has a good chance of an NFL career.
M
mtnradio
On commentator said something along the lines of, "He should have been wearing a Don Joy brace!"



We are now accustomed to seeing O-line braced up for each game. Is the standard now for RBs to be wearing braces as well? If so, why aren't BYU backs doing that?
B
BroncoBot
What happened to Anderson? I must have missed his injury.
Advertisement
F
Fido
BroncoBot wrote:

What happened to Anderson? I must have missed his injury.


Recent news stories have called it a "lingering" shoulder injury but he is having surgery on it again so it must have been re-injury.
B
BroncoBot
darn
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.