Archived Topic

John Coleman Discuss the Truth About Global Warming

by hawkwing · 2/11/2010

Advertisement
G
Guest
[youtube]D8FhmuWWcGw[/youtube]
B
BroncoBot
Hit it right on the head.



Is there warming? Yes

Is it man-made? Highly unlikely.



Certainly not enough evidence to start taking away people's liberties.



"totally manufactured"- Coleman
S
SpiffCoug
Was anyone else totally creeped out by the "Green Police" commercial for Audi during the Super Bowl? Tell me that wasn't a very scary commercial and not funny in the least. I can totally see a bunch of people who have completley bought into the global warming/climate change policies and thought, this commercial is a GREAT idea. It may have been the worst commercial of them all.
S
Sammich
kitic77 wrote:
Was anyone else totally creeped out by the "Green Police" commercial for Audi during the Super Bowl? Tell me that wasn't a very scary commercial and not funny in the least. I can totally see a bunch of people who have completley bought into the global warming/climate change policies and thought, this commercial is a GREAT idea. It may have been the worst commercial of them all.

It was so scary I feel like the car company must have realized it. Maybe they're finally getting sick of all the regulations and pressure to go green. Hoping of course, that most people would have the same reaction to the commercial that we do.
S
Schmoe
Seriously, I feel like we're only a couple steps away from the 'Green Police' being a reality, and it's downright frightening.
Advertisement
M
Mars


It snowed in 49 states today, helping prove the new "Global Cooling" fad among politicians...
B
bigbluepuma
Mars wrote:


It snowed in 49 states today, helping prove the new "Global Cooling" fad among politicians...


Dang. Where's Al Gore when you need him? :evil:
S
Schmoe
bigbluepuma wrote:


It snowed in 49 states today, helping prove the new "Global Cooling" fad among politicians...


Dang. Where's Al Gore when you need him? :evil:


Chasing Manbearpig...
C
CAFB_04-12
Mars wrote:


It snowed in 49 states today, helping prove the new "Global Cooling" fad among politicians...

Well, in all fairness, it still is winter time in the United States. :)



On another note, I thought the Audi commercial with the Green Police was troubling. Was it supposed to be funny? This is precisely why I no longer trust the federal government to govern according to the Constitution. The scary thing is that most Americans probably don't see anything wrong with having a Green Police. The next logical step is to have political correctness police, thought police, and speech police.



Who is John Galt anyway?
B
bigbluepuma
CAFB_04-12 wrote:


It snowed in 49 states today, helping prove the new "Global Cooling" fad among politicians...

Well, in all fairness, it still is winter time in the United States. :)



On another note, I thought the Audi commercial with the Green Police was troubling. Was it supposed to be funny? This is precisely why I no longer trust the federal government to govern according to the Constitution. The scary thing is that most Americans probably don't see anything wrong with having a Green Police. The next logical step is to have political correctness police, thought police, and speech police.

Who is John Galt anyway?


We already do. Self appointed. Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson.....
Advertisement
B
BYUROCKS
bigbluepuma wrote:


It snowed in 49 states today, helping prove the new "Global Cooling" fad among politicians...


Dang. Where's Al Gore when you need him? :evil:




Stuck in the snow.
B
BOID
I was disgusted by the "Green Police" ad too. I felt a bit betrayed by AUDI, because I've always respected that company for their aggressive and novel developments in automotive engineering. I supported them in the late eighties when they were fighting the nonsensical "unintended acceleration" accusations. I applauded them when they were winning the Pike's Peak Hill Climb, and other, asphalt surface racing venues with high powered AWD vehicles.



Ironically, I have been hoping for the last few years to see that small AUDI turbo-diesel (featured in the nefarious ad) come to the U.S. They have so far only been available in Europe. I have been telling anyone who would listen, that the gasoline/electric hybrids are not the best vehicular platform for saving fuel. You all know by now that I do not believe in anthropogenic GW. However, for those who want a fuel efficient vehicle, that A-1 based turbo-diesel is awesome. It gets about 52 mpg, and performs better than a Prius (hate the Prius), and does not carry a butt-load of very heavy and toxic batteries.



I'm not solely interested in small, fuel efficient cars. I like big, snorty, high displacement vehicles like Corvettes, Vipers, Shelby Mustangs, and the new Camaro. I also like Porsches, Ferraris and Jaguars, and Jeeps, and Ford Raptors and Cummins Rams. These GW people have an agenda to take these choices away from us, and it's not because of worries about running out of fossil fuels or damaging the planet. They simply want to RULE over us.



I think some marketing guru that consults for AUDI concerning U.S. sales, has convinced the company that Americans are saps for GW. Therefore, a GW angle should pull in the secular progressive, left-leaning people to buy. However, I think this is misguided advice, and that Americans are beginning to wake up to the reality of the GW hoax. I would estimate that approximately two thirds of the super-bowl viewing audience was offended by that ad.



Regardless of the dumb add, that little A-1 TD has good torque, is reportedly very fun to drive, and will likely beat out the Mini Cooper S in the "pocket rocket" segment, while delivering about 50 mpg. And, AUDI needs to fire their U.S. marketing consultant(s).
B
BOID
Just thought I would add that, on second thought, CAFB may be right. Perhaps the ad was meant to be a humorous parody on the ridiculous extent of politically correct hegemony and desire for nanny-government that exists these days. I could envision the ad as a comic skit on Saturday Night Live, or The Dana Carvey Show, or even on South Park, or The Whitest Kids You Know. Maybe it was a gamble that the ad would work on everyone--- young communists would take it seriously, and freedom loving conservatives would laugh at it? Still, I would call it risky marketing.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.