Archived Topic

11' Recruit Up To 5 stars

by stgeorgefan · 2/11/2010

Advertisement
S
stgeorgefan
2011 recruit Kasen Williams now up to 5 stars and #1 in the country(by position) by scout.com. Teammate of Jake Heaps out of Skyline high.

Whats our chances of landing this guy next year? My guess it'd be one of the biggest ever(non-lds-out of state-tons of offers)



http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=3342470
C
craigoscarson
He's a very good receiver but he's not a burner by any means. 5 stars is a reach. I've heard as slow as a 4.7 40 on grass.
G
gmj81
Don't hold your breath. While he'd be another great addition, both his parents are UW alums and are probably putting pressure on him to go there. Plus, with the way the Heaps were treated after his commitment, they probably realize that if they want to stay in Seattle, they choices are limited... to one!



Kasen doesn't mention BYU at all in this interview:



http://byu.scout.com/a.z?s=338&p=11&isFirstMediaIdAudioOrVideo=video&playlist=http%3A//byu.scout.com/asxplaylist.aspx%3Fs%3D338%26mediaids%3D773751
P
ProV1
Which makes it that much more important to beat UW next year soundly. Give him a taste of what's available.
M
Mars
gmj81 wrote:
Don't hold your breath. While he'd be another great addition, both his parents are UW alums and are probably putting pressure on him to go there.

Plus they were the first school to offer him, when he was a FRESHMAN in high school.
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
craigoscarson wrote:
He's a very good receiver but he's not a burner by any means. 5 stars is a reach. I've heard as slow as a 4.7 40 on grass.


Not a burner? Hmmmm, I haven't read his numbers, I don't know what he was clocked at but I watched the game between Jake Heaps team and Zach Stout's team last year and Kasan Williams was by far and away the fastest guy on the field. It wasn't even close.
G
gmj81
That's why forty's are overrated. There's game speed and there's track speed. There's plenty of reasons why Williams is the #1 WR in this class. Some guys just don't perform that well in the forty.
J
jonnylingo
The feeling those who played with him is that BYU is not flashy enough for him. They say he is leaning towards florida.
L
Lawboy
Only reason he is looking at BYU is because of Jake Heaps. And I think he is a reach, at best. I expect the kid to end up at USC, Florida or UW. If he were LDS, we might have a real shot, but since he is not, the connection is out of respect for his buddy. By summer, I bet BYU is not even mentioned with his name.
S
snoscythe
If he really is 11', then why isn't this in the basketball forum?
Advertisement
B
BYULV
Is this him, the 11' man?



http://www.spacedaily.com/images/bao-xishun-worlds-tallest-man-bg.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Schmoe
BYULV wrote:
Is this him, the 11' man?



http://www.spacedaily.com/images/bao-xishun-worlds-tallest-man-bg.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I'm pretty sure that's the next center at the :utard:
C
craigoscarson
Schmoe wrote:
Is this him, the 11' man?



http://www.spacedaily.com/images/bao-xishun-worlds-tallest-man-bg.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I'm pretty sure that's the next center at the :utard:


not ugly enough
D
Ddawg
snoscythe wrote:
If he really is 11', then why isn't this in the basketball forum?




Good eye - good point. Is this kid related to Dikembe Mutombo???? LOL!!!

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.