Archived Topic

biggest gripe after Utah game?

by BroncoBot · 8/31/2019

Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Ben Criddle asked a question that I thought was interesting.

What's the biggest gripe following the Utah loss?

For me? that we had Wilson throwing so much game one coming off a shoulder surgery. I've only seen highlights of the game (couldn't watch the game). but was the run game so ineffective that we needed to put the entire offense on Wilson's shoulder? Williams had 7 touched. Wilson had 8 (which I assume many were not planned runs). otherwise we had 7 other run attempts it appears.



Any thoughts?

What is your biggest gripe?
K
KingCoug
Us losing a 9th straight time (and at home) is my biggest gripe.



Actually, no it's not. That's only a biproduct of a bigger, more systemic problem with the program as a whole.



But, if you're just talking the game itself?



TURNOVERS!!!!!!!!!!



Take away our turnovers that we've given to Utah and the record over the past 9 games looks very different.



I'll say it again. The 2006 team was the best team BYU has had in nearly 20 years. A big reason for that was THEY DIDN'T TURN THE BALL OVER!!!!!
B
BroncoBot
KingCoug wrote:

Us losing a 9th straight time (and at home) is my biggest gripe.



Actually, no it's not. That's only a biproduct of a bigger, more systemic problem with the program as a whole.



But, if you're just talking the game itself?



TURNOVERS!!!!!!!!!!



Take away our turnovers that we've given to Utah and the record over the past 9 games looks very different.



I'll say it again. The 2006 team was the best team BYU has had in nearly 20 years. A big reason for that was THEY DIDN'T TURN THE BALL OVER!!!!!

All three turnovers led to utah TDs, no? I can't remember if the fumble did.
K
KingCoug
BroncoBot wrote:


Us losing a 9th straight time (and at home) is my biggest gripe.



Actually, no it's not. That's only a biproduct of a bigger, more systemic problem with the program as a whole.



But, if you're just talking the game itself?



TURNOVERS!!!!!!!!!!



Take away our turnovers that we've given to Utah and the record over the past 9 games looks very different.



I'll say it again. The 2006 team was the best team BYU has had in nearly 20 years. A big reason for that was THEY DIDN'T TURN THE BALL OVER!!!!!

All three turnovers led to utah TDs, no? I can't remember if the fumble did.


This game and several others. Utah has had a ton of defensive TDs that ended up winning multiple games. All because our stinking coaches, past and present, don't know how to teach ball security. Friggin' pathetic.
A
a1247
Can someone please explain to me how Utah has 9 pick sixes against the cougs since 2010. How is that even remotely possible?
Advertisement
K
KingCoug
a1247 wrote:

Can someone please explain to me how Utah has 9 pick sixes against the cougs since 2010. How is that even remotely possible?


Coaching (or lack thereof)



And who hires the coaches?
C
CougarCrazy
KingCoug wrote:


Can someone please explain to me how Utah has 9 pick sixes against the cougs since 2010. How is that even remotely possible?


Coaching (or lack thereof)



And who hires the coaches?


They would rather shut down the program than hire Mike Leach, but they could have. We’d be winning football games if they had hired him and left him alone.



I’m tired of the defense. I think they are in over their heads. No pressure is ridiculous. Who has that ever worked for?



I’m more tired of hiring inexperienced OCs



I’m tired of any ties to the Judas coaching tree. That won’t work at BYU.



BYU administration isn’t in it for real, or they are arrogant and think they are different than everyone else. They need to pay coaches and bring in top experienced talent.



I am pleased with the talent in the program. I think BYU will need risk taking to win, but there is enough talent to make things interesting.
K
KingCoug
CougarCrazy wrote:


a1247 wrote:

Can someone please explain to me how Utah has 9 pick sixes against the cougs since 2010. How is that even remotely possible?


Coaching (or lack thereof)



And who hires the coaches?


They would rather shut down the program than hire Mike Leach, but they could have. We’d be winning football games if they had hired him and left him alone.



I’m tired of the defense. I think they are in over their heads. No pressure is ridiculous. Who has that ever worked for?



I’m more tired of hiring inexperienced OCs



I’m tired of any ties to the Judas coaching tree. That won’t work at BYU.



BYU administration isn’t in it for real, or they are arrogant and think they are different than everyone else. They need to pay coaches and bring in top experienced talent.



I am pleased with the talent in the program. I think BYU will need risk taking to win, but there is enough talent to make things interesting.


I think they're afraid - and for good reason - that hiring an inactive or non-LDS HC will result in the player scandals we got with Crowton. I like Leach but Anderson is a more realistic option. But I'm not sure Holmoe has even called him.
C
CougarCrazy
KingCoug wrote:


KingCoug wrote:


Can someone please explain to me how Utah has 9 pick sixes against the cougs since 2010. How is that even remotely possible?


Coaching (or lack thereof)



And who hires the coaches?


They would rather shut down the program than hire Mike Leach, but they could have. We’d be winning football games if they had hired him and left him alone.



I’m tired of the defense. I think they are in over their heads. No pressure is ridiculous. Who has that ever worked for?



I’m more tired of hiring inexperienced OCs



I’m tired of any ties to the Judas coaching tree. That won’t work at BYU.



BYU administration isn’t in it for real, or they are arrogant and think they are different than everyone else. They need to pay coaches and bring in top experienced talent.



I am pleased with the talent in the program. I think BYU will need risk taking to win, but there is enough talent to make things interesting.


I think they're afraid - and for good reason - that hiring an inactive or non-LDS HC will result in the player scandals we got with Crowton. I like Leach but Anderson is a more realistic option. But I'm not sure Holmoe has even called him.


Lol and for good reason. He tweets about Texas Tech screwing him out of money regularly. Washington State doesn’t have the big picture issues and risk BYU does.



BYU has lots of challenges. Deciding not to pay talent shouldn’t be one of them.
M
Mars
BroncoBot wrote:


Us losing a 9th straight time (and at home) is my biggest gripe.



Actually, no it's not. That's only a biproduct of a bigger, more systemic problem with the program as a whole.



But, if you're just talking the game itself?



TURNOVERS!!!!!!!!!!



Take away our turnovers that we've given to Utah and the record over the past 9 games looks very different.



I'll say it again. The 2006 team was the best team BYU has had in nearly 20 years. A big reason for that was THEY DIDN'T TURN THE BALL OVER!!!!!

All three turnovers led to utah TDs, no? I can't remember if the fumble did.

Yep. 3 TDs and 20 points off of 3 turnovers. But we still would've lost because Tuiaki couldn't stop Moss by rushing 3 and dropping 8.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
4 turnovers by our super-frosh QB.



Is the sophomore slump here?
F
Fido
My biggest gripe is coming out with a pass-heavy plan with a true sophomore playing his first "tough stretch" of games. Williams averaged enough yards they should have kept feeding him the ball. And of course the turnovers. Followed very closely by personal foul penalties on the CBs for tacking high and getting into the face mask WAY too often.
M
Mars
snoscythe wrote:

4 turnovers by our super-frosh QB.



Is the sophomore slump here?

2 pick-sixes and a fumbled handoff I thought. Plus a snap over his head on a PAT.
F
frdbtr
My biggest gripe of the game is that we have been told all off season that Sitake was finally going to be a good coach because "his" players were finally upper classman and the growing pains were over. Then they come out and look exactly the same as they have for 4 years. Unprepared, and undisciplined. Nothing is going to change. Our coaches are what we thought they were. Everyone needs fired.
K
KingCoug
frdbtr wrote:

My biggest gripe of the game is that we have been told all off season that Sitake was finally going to be a good coach because "his" players were finally upper classman and the growing pains were over. Then they come out and look exactly the same as they have for 4 years. Unprepared, and undisciplined. Nothing is going to change. Our coaches are what we thought they were. Everyone needs fired.


Including Holmoe.
Advertisement
K
KingCoug
Two more gripes...





Sitake being so friendly, complimentary, and rooting for Utah's success. Makes me sick.



Why the heck did BYU agree to play Utah with a PAC 12 officiating crew?
F
frdbtr
KingCoug wrote:

Two more gripes...





Sitake being so friendly, complimentary, and rooting for Utah's success. Makes me sick.



Why the heck did BYU agree to play Utah with a PAC 12 officiating crew?


The officials didn't have much influence on the outcome of the game. Our defense did though. The Pac 12 always takes their officials on the road. Most conferences do.
G
Gunk
Holmoe was a losing coach at Cal. The man doesn't know how to win. Sitake doesn't know how to win either.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.