Archived Topic

"Beat Utah"

by KingCoug · 8/29/2019

Advertisement
K
KingCoug
They were saying on the radio yesterday that this is what the team has been saying after they break huddle and it's on signs in the locker room. Good to see at least the players want this.



Is it just me or have we seen several times in recent years where BYU comes out with emotion and plays hard early on? Maybe takes a lead or keeps it close in the first half. But then they lose steam and pitter out. Utah seems to have done better at lasting all four quarters.



If we lose to Utah again...for the ninth straight time...I'll be convinced we won't win again until Whittingham leaves. I seriously wish he'd just retire already. Or get hit by a bus.
B
byufan4ever
I hope we play with emotion. Controlled emotion. As big of a fan I was of Bronco I hated how he treated the Utah game as just any other game and our guys visibly played with no emotion while the Utah players all seemed jacked up and excited.
M
mtnradio
byufan4ever wrote:

I hope we play with emotion. Controlled emotion. As big of a fan I was of Bronco I hated how he treated the Utah game as just any other game and our guys visibly played with no emotion while the Utah players all seemed jacked up and excited.


THIS was the single biggest failure of Bronco. Why he couldn't or wouldn't treat this as a rivalry and get the team ready for it is completely beyond me. I understand managing emotions to keep the team from being too high ... but this was worse.



Maybe KS has made some necessary philosophy changes and we get a W! (hope springs eternal!)
K
KingCoug
Another thing...is it just my imagination or does BYU seem to be more of a day team and Utah more of a night team?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.