Archived Topic

How is everyone watching games this season?

by CougarCrazy · 8/20/2019

Advertisement
C
CougarCrazy
We cut the cord a few years ago. We’d rather watch older shows on our schedule, so TV is for BYU sports and the Olympics in our home.



I have tried a different streaming service every football season.



I guess we will try YouTube TV again this year. Their DVR sucked a couple years ago when we had it, but it looks like they should have most games this season.



I’m hoping UMass shows up on BYUTV. By that point in the season I probably won’t be paying directly for a sketchy streaming channel. I’d rather ruin an old home computer with viruses like I did in the Jimmer days 😂😂😂
G
Gunk
I still have cable but am looking for a cheaper alternative.
A
ABYUFAN
I have A DirecTV bundle through AT&T. I still have a landline so I guess I’m kinda old school
G
Guest
Right now I have DirecTV solely because I was able to get them to discount my $120 package down to $50. After looking at the channels I'd have been paying at least $75 to get the same channels via streaming packages, so definitely worth it. However, DirecTV has announced that they are no longer interested in discounting packages for long time customers and would rather lose those customers. So once my current deal runs out, I'll probably switch to some streaming option.
A
ABYUFAN
hawkwing wrote:

Right now I have DirecTV solely because I was able to get them to discount my $120 package down to $50. After looking at the channels I'd have been paying at least $75 to get the same channels via streaming packages, so definitely worth it. However, DirecTV has announced that they are no longer interested in discounting packages for long time customers and would rather lose those customers. So once my current deal runs out, I'll probably switch to some streaming option.


I was exactly there last month. I was on the phone with AT&T to drop my DirecTv and told them that I'd keep it if they would keep the price the same. The person there dropped the price of my internet for the next two years, and kept the raised price of my DirecTv. My total bill went down 2 bucks so I just kept it all as is
Advertisement
S
scott715
I’m ready to get rid of Directv. Thinking of Spectrum.
G
Guest
ABYUFAN wrote:


Right now I have DirecTV solely because I was able to get them to discount my $120 package down to $50. After looking at the channels I'd have been paying at least $75 to get the same channels via streaming packages, so definitely worth it. However, DirecTV has announced that they are no longer interested in discounting packages for long time customers and would rather lose those customers. So once my current deal runs out, I'll probably switch to some streaming option.


I was exactly there last month. I was on the phone with AT&T to drop my DirecTv and told them that I'd keep it if they would keep the price the same. The person there dropped the price of my internet for the next two years, and kept the raised price of my DirecTv. My total bill went down 2 bucks so I just kept it all as is


Too bad I don't have any other AT&T services (I switched from AT&T cell service to Google Fi a year or so ago) so once my price runs out, I'm out. Unless they change their mind on not giving DirecTV discounts anymore.
G
Gunk
I have Spectrum. It's fine. I have an internet, cable TV, and home phone (they basically throw the phone in for free) for around $145.



I've tasked my 12 year old daughter with finding cheaper alternatives. I can share her findings.
S
scott715
The Spectrum deal is tv and internet for $80 I think.
E
EM_Puma
scott715 wrote:

The Spectrum deal is tv and internet for $80 I think.

Interesting. I never heard of Spectrum. I need to get off of DirecTV. I'm paying about $170/month for the service (which doesn't include internet) and I spend much more time on Hulu, Amazon & Netflix. It's crazy to have all of those.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
YouTube.tv
S
scott715
$170 is crazy. I was close to that before I tried to close it and they gave me a deal.
F
Fido
I've still got a basic TV package which gives me most of the BYU games (except for CBS SN games) through Comcast combined with high speed internet for my home office for about $120. I need the high speed internet and in my neighborhood Comcast is the only viable option. None of the other providers are anywhere close in speed. So I live with it for the time being. I checked into dropping the TV part and get a couple streaming products but without the bundling discount I'm not saving any money going that route.
E
EM_Puma
scott715 wrote:

$170 is crazy. I was close to that before I tried to close it and they gave me a deal.


Tell me about it. I've been waiting for my wife to determine exactly what channels she HAS to have and then I'll shop for what works for us both so I enjoy these reviews.
S
scott715
Same, she has a list of channels. I was checking last night to see if they had them all.
Advertisement
C
CrimsonCoug
Sling TV for $25/m. We get it from the start of Football season until BYU basketball crashes out in the tourney. No contract makes it worth it because we don't have it the other months of the year.



Plus $50 for high speed internet only.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.