Archived Topic

How we look this year

by sage · 8/18/2019

Advertisement
S
sage
I had a chance to listen to one of the people who gets to view BYU practices from a more unbiased pov than most. His assesment:

Oline and D line look really good, Oline especially.

A few of the Dbacks look talented, very, but they are young, and he expects them to not do that well, because of inexperience.

The WR just don't have speed. They are having a hard time making any separation. He thinks it is going to be tough against Utah, because they will play Man2Man all night.

That's about the best I can recall.
F
frdbtr
The only thing different with this description than we have heard for about 10 years is that the Oline looks good this year.
C
CougarCrazy
Thanks for posting. I take that as good news. If TE’s take a big roll in receiving they will be fine.



BYU has had a run of dominant LB play. Van Noy, Warner, and Taki Taki in the recent past is amazing. I wonder if anybody is able to step up like that. If not I’ll be interested to see how the coaches change their approach.
B
byufan4ever
sage wrote:

I had a chance to listen to one of the people who gets to view BYU practices from a more unbiased pov than most. His assesment:

Oline and D line look really good, Oline especially.

A few of the Dbacks look talented, very, but they are young, and he expects them to not do that well, because of inexperience.

The WR just don't have speed. They are having a hard time making any separation. He thinks it is going to be tough against Utah, because they will play Man2Man all night.

That's about the best I can recall.




Who is this person that provided this unbaised assessment?
S
snoscythe
frdbtr wrote:

The only thing different with this description than we have heard for about 10 years is that the Oline looks good this year.


https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/487/063/2b3.gif" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.