Archived Topic

2019 BYU Football team by Position Group Rankings

by SpiffCoug · 8/17/2019

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
The results are in. Here are the rankings for 2019 BYU football team by position group as determined by the amount of confidence we have in the groups.



Least Confident

8. WR/TE

7. RB

6. LB

5. P/K

4. CB/DB

3. DL

2. QB

1. OL

Most Confident



So BYU fans, at the most knowledgeable ones that post on Cougar Corner, have determined that we have most amount of confidence in the Offensive Line and the least amount in the Wide Receiver Group.



It's somewhat interesting that we have most and least amount of confidence in the offense (top two and bottom two rankings). This does give me hope, because I think if the offense is going to occupy those four spots, I'd prefer the OL and QB position groups to be the groups with confidence as opposed to being groups with many doubts.



Any final thoughts?
C
CougarCrazy
SpiffCoug wrote:

The results are in. Here are the rankings for 2019 BYU football team by position group as determined by the amount of confidence we have in the groups.



Least Confident

8. WR/TE

7. RB

6. LB

5. P/K

4. CB/DB

3. DL

2. QB

1. OL

Most Confident



So BYU fans, at the most knowledgeable ones that post on Cougar Corner, have determined that we have most amount of confidence in the Offensive Line and the least amount in the Wide Receiver Group.



It's somewhat interesting that we have most and least amount of confidence in the offense (top two and bottom two rankings). This does give me hope, because I think if the offense is going to occupy those four spots, I'd prefer the OL and QB position groups to be the groups with confidence as opposed to being groups with many doubts.



Any final thoughts?


Looks like a good list. I’d drop QB a little, but otherwise I’d have a tough time arguing with the list.



RB is the exception to that. I feel better about the RB depth. I’d actually put them near the top of the list. I have some extra blue koolaid if anyone needs some.



The practice reports have been limited but they all seem positive about Ty’son and I thought Kotoa was good last season. It sounds like there might be some other players capable of stepping up into big roles too, such as Eskulpa.
C
CougarCrazy
I was going to correct name spelling after posting but my post has gone *poof* for now.



A small price to pay to limit viagra ads lol.
S
scott715
We might run it more than we had hoped if the WRs are our weak link.
S
SpiffCoug
Yeah, reports out of camp (albeit limited) do sound like the RB corps may be more solid than we thought a month ago.



I think our WR group is not good and will do very little in the games where we need them to step up.
Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
When was the last time our OL was the most confident position? Seems like our OL has been bad for sooo long.
S
SpiffCoug
byufan4ever wrote:

When was the last time our OL was the most confident position? Seems like our OL has been bad for sooo long.


OL finished 3rd in 2018. 7th in 2017. And 8th in 2016.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.