Archived Topic

Jimmer to Greece

by hawkwing · 7/9/2019

Advertisement
B
BlueK
The NBA probably wasn't going to happen given that he wasn't starting for his summer league team. Greece may have comparable money to China, but it's also definitely a step up in competition and prestige to China.
A
ABYUFAN
AND it's GREECE! Being paid good money to live on the Mediterranean? Not bad work if you can get it.
S
scott715
This was rumored to be a joke. Has it been confirmed?
G
Guest
Yeah, it has been confirmed.
Advertisement
M
Mars
I think the NBA minimum for him was around $1.2MM? Made about $2MM a year in Shanghai, and they offered him $2.5 this time, but he took Greece for $1.75 a year ($3.5MM, 2-year contract). Plus living in tropical Athens!
B
byufan4ever
Plus I think his wife will be more open to actualy living with him now, lol. I think he had a good thing going in China with money, ball in his hands, fans loved him, endorsements. But I don't think his wife was ever going to live in China.
B
BroncoBot
byufan4ever wrote:

Plus I think his wife will be more open to actualy living with him now, lol. I think he had a good thing going in China with money, ball in his hands, fans loved him, endorsements. But I don't think his wife was ever going to live in China.

I think you're right.

Which raises the question: why not?
S
SpiffCoug
I wonder if Jimmer saw the unrest in China/Hong Kong that was starting at the end of his last season there and if that factored into his decision?
Advertisement
C
Colee55
where is he now? I think he would make a decent coach in todays game. spread pnr. pitfalls. global exp...
S
scott715
In Provo. He attended a game recently.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.