Archived Topic

It's not easy to win on the road, ask Michigan State, etc.

by craigoscarson · 2/7/2010

Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
5 Michigan State 73 0:02

Illinois 78 2nd Half



2 Villanova 90 Final

8 Georgetown 103



9 Duke 66 Final

Boston College 63



10 Texas 71 Final

Oklahoma 80



11 Kansas State 79 Final

Iowa State 75



12 Brigham Young 74 Final

UNLV 88



South Carolina 53 Final

14 Tennessee 79





17 Temple 54 Final

Richmond 71



NC State 71 Final

19 Georgia Tech 73



20 Vanderbilt 58 Final

Georgia 72



Seton Hall 58 Final

21 Pittsburgh 83



San Diego State 86 Final

23 New Mexico 88 OT



24 Baylor 71 Final

Texas A&M 78
C
craigoscarson
the unlv game sucked; get over it. It's not easy to win on the road when a team packs the house for you. we played bad, they played well....
B
BroncoBot
craigoscarson wrote:
the unlv game sucked; get over it. It's not easy to win on the road when a team packs the house for you. we played bad, they played well....

that sums it up pretty well.
F
FurriousCougar
craigoscarson wrote:
the unlv game sucked; get over it. It's not easy to win on the road when a team packs the house for you. we played bad, they played well....




Thank you, this is what I've been trying to say this whole time. ALL teams struggle with road games. It's not as if it's just BYU.
S
Schmoe
Dang, Michigan St, Villanova, Texas, Temple, Vandy, and Baylor all aren't going to win any tournament games this year. That really stinks.
Advertisement
B
bigbluepuma
FurriousCougar wrote:
the unlv game sucked; get over it. It's not easy to win on the road when a team packs the house for you. we played bad, they played well....




Thank you, this is what I've been trying to say this whole time. ALL teams struggle with road games. It's not as if it's just BYU.


I'll add my point to this thread too. I'm getting really steamed over our "fans" acting more like trolls. thank you for supporting our team instead of calling them talentless scum for not being 25-0. One loss (even a bad one) does not a bad team or a bad season make. I think this is a pretty amazing team, and I'm glad you do too. Thanks
B
BroncoBot
bigbluepuma wrote:
craigoscarson wrote:
the unlv game sucked; get over it. It's not easy to win on the road when a team packs the house for you. we played bad, they played well....




Thank you, this is what I've been trying to say this whole time. ALL teams struggle with road games. It's not as if it's just BYU.


I'll add my point to this thread too. I'm getting really steamed over our "fans" acting more like trolls. thank you for supporting our team instead of calling them talentless scum for not being 25-0. One loss (even a bad one) does not a bad team or a bad season make. I think this is a pretty amazing team, and I'm glad you do too. Thanks

If you're so "steamed" call those posters out and show why their opinion is, in your opinion, wrong. Don't just label everyone who saw BYU lacking their usual drive and effort trolls or bad fans.



Are fans going to overreact after any loss? Yes. Evidence- Thread about Miles being a good person.



Are fans going to erupt after losing on the road to an average UNLV team, and BYU showing little to no moxie for the first 10 minutes? This one will. Had BYU shown a little confidence and aggression before it was too late I'd have had no problem with that game.



Like craigo said, it's a loss. Bottom line, UNLV played their game of the year and BYU, hopefully, got their last really bad tasting loss out of the way.
N
northerncougar
The problem I have with this team is that it is the same thing every year. In the middle of the conference run we have a bad game and we never really recover after that. I think this was more than a bad game by us and good game by UNLV. It happens every year with BYU and UNLV down there. That is a problem. We had the same issue against Utah at home the week before. If our front court had any guts, we would have taken it to Utah to start the 2nd half, Foster would have had his 4th foul quickly and we run away with that game. Instead we had a 4 pt lead with 5 minutes to go and Jimmer had to take over. Sure it ended great but I was very concerned after that game and I saw the same thing yesterday. Our front court has no heart and as a whole our team played flat and scared. That is how we play against UNLV there every year. This year is no different than any other year. And unfortunately we play the same way in the first game of the tourney and this year will be no different.



We were exposed twice in the last three games and it will continue the rest of the year. We won't win the MWC tourney and will lose in the first round. After watching BYU basketball since 1989, I have seen this movie before and the ending sucks.
S
SpiffCoug
declocoug wrote:
Are fans going to erupt after losing on the road to an average UNLV team, and BYU showing little to no moxie for the first 10 minutes? This one will. Had BYU shown a little confidence and aggression before it was too late I'd have had no problem with that game.



Like craigo said, it's a loss. Bottom line, UNLV played their game of the year and BYU, hopefully, got their last really bad tasting loss out of the way.


Wow, so 19-4 and tied for 1st place in the 7th best conference is average? That explains why you're upset that a 22-3 team lost to them.
S
scott715
We played an athletic team and it gave us some problems. That is what we will see at March Madness. We see that so infrequently that it gives us problems. Upgrading our schedule is needed. When they presuure the passing lanes we need to take advantage of it. When is the last time you have seen a backdoor play?



The loss hurts but it can be to benefit to play a game like that.
Advertisement
K
KYCoug
Although it's a bit disappointing, I have to take this in stride. Even great teams have mid season let downs. The main thing that needs to happen now is all that happened needs to be put behind and we need to start building momentum and confidence heading for the Conference Tournament. We definitely will need to solve the Thomas &Mack Center monkey on our backs and then hit the Big Show at full steam. Get Davis back and everyone healthy and start playing with confidence.



Go Cougs!



L Hatton

Louisville, KY
B
BroncoBot
kitic77 wrote:
Are fans going to erupt after losing on the road to an average UNLV team, and BYU showing little to no moxie for the first 10 minutes? This one will. Had BYU shown a little confidence and aggression before it was too late I'd have had no problem with that game.



Like craigo said, it's a loss. Bottom line, UNLV played their game of the year and BYU, hopefully, got their last really bad tasting loss out of the way.


Wow, so 19-4 and tied for 1st place in the 7th best conference is average? That explains why you're upset that a 22-3 team lost to them.

That condescending attitude (UNLV=average) was uncalled for. They are a decent team. But.... BYU helped make them look a lot better than they really are. I just have a hard time defining a team that lost to this years Utah team (@T&M)as great. :sick:
S
SpiffCoug
I'm not the one who used average to describe UNLV. I agree it's tough to reconcile UNLV's play yesterday to their game against Utah. UNLV could likely be ranked tomorrow and even with that loss to Utah, I think they're an above average team.



One game should not define a team.
B
BroncoBot
Oh, I know, I was saying that my condescending attitude was uncalled for. I'm not trying to argue with you.
S
SpiffCoug
Got it. And last five games or so, BYU hasn't been much more than a decent team either. They're struggling for offensive consistency and it now looks like there are some chinks in their defensive armor.
Advertisement
B
bigbluepuma
declocoug wrote:
FurriousCougar wrote:
the unlv game sucked; get over it. It's not easy to win on the road when a team packs the house for you. we played bad, they played well....




Thank you, this is what I've been trying to say this whole time. ALL teams struggle with road games. It's not as if it's just BYU.


I'll add my point to this thread too. I'm getting really steamed over our "fans" acting more like trolls. thank you for supporting our team instead of calling them talentless scum for not being 25-0. One loss (even a bad one) does not a bad team or a bad season make. I think this is a pretty amazing team, and I'm glad you do too. Thanks

If you're so "steamed" call those posters out and show why their opinion is, in your opinion, wrong. Don't just label everyone who saw BYU lacking their usual drive and effort trolls or bad fans.



Are fans going to overreact after any loss? Yes. Evidence- Thread about Miles being a good person.



Are fans going to erupt after losing on the road to an average UNLV team, and BYU showing little to no moxie for the first 10 minutes? This one will. Had BYU shown a little confidence and aggression before it was too late I'd have had no problem with that game.



Like craigo said, it's a loss. Bottom line, UNLV played their game of the year and BYU, hopefully, got their last really bad tasting loss out of the way.


Read through the threads. I have done so, and so have others (sno and schmoe come to mind). The frustration you see in this post is in response to the ongoing vitriol that doesn't seem to let up, much of which is personal attacks. If you read through the threads, you will also find that I have posted about the team's, and some individuals' poor performance.
B
BroncoBot
bigbluepuma wrote:
bigbluepuma wrote:
craigoscarson wrote:
the unlv game sucked; get over it. It's not easy to win on the road when a team packs the house for you. we played bad, they played well....




Thank you, this is what I've been trying to say this whole time. ALL teams struggle with road games. It's not as if it's just BYU.


I'll add my point to this thread too. I'm getting really steamed over our "fans" acting more like trolls. thank you for supporting our team instead of calling them talentless scum for not being 25-0. One loss (even a bad one) does not a bad team or a bad season make. I think this is a pretty amazing team, and I'm glad you do too. Thanks

If you're so "steamed" call those posters out and show why their opinion is, in your opinion, wrong. Don't just label everyone who saw BYU lacking their usual drive and effort trolls or bad fans.



Are fans going to overreact after any loss? Yes. Evidence- Thread about Miles being a good person.



Are fans going to erupt after losing on the road to an average UNLV team, and BYU showing little to no moxie for the first 10 minutes? This one will. Had BYU shown a little confidence and aggression before it was too late I'd have had no problem with that game.



Like craigo said, it's a loss. Bottom line, UNLV played their game of the year and BYU, hopefully, got their last really bad tasting loss out of the way.


Read through the threads. I have done so, and so have others (sno and schmoe come to mind). The frustration you see in this post is in response to the ongoing vitriol that doesn't seem to let up, much of which is personal attacks. If you read through the threads, you will also find that I have posted about the team's, and some individuals' poor performance.

sorry, wasn't trying to attack you. For the most part I agree with what you're sayin.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.