Archived Topic

FSU Next Year

by jonnylingo · 2/5/2010

Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
In a 'rebuilding' year, I don't like reading what is going on a Florida State right now:



" After Fisher was named Bowden's replacement in early December, he had to scramble to assemble a coaching staff and keep FSU's recruiting class intact.



"The way we jelled as a staff immediately was a big key," Fisher said. "I've never been around a staff like that before. It's like we'd been together three or four years and were feeding off each other. Our team did a great job in recruiting.""



Florida State's haul in Fisher's first season as head coach is ranked in the top 10 nationally by most recruiting services. "





I hope this is not a repeat of last year. I am planning on attending and it was bad enough having to go through that here in provo surrounding by our own fans. While I think we really could have and should have won that game last year, i am a little worried about 2010. Will be really interesting to see how we do starting out next year.



http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=4887114
D
Ddawg
I'm very nervous about FSU. They have some talented - fast athletes down there. Did I mention FAST?????
L
Lawboy
If we can stop that run, we have a shot. If we give up big yards on the ground, like the 330 we surrendered in Provo, we are dead. I do think we will score on them though. Had no problem in Provo, other than turnovers. Racked up over 550 yards. And Harvey ran it well. Stick to ball control, possession and limit To's, and we have a great shot.
B
bigbluepuma
jonnylingo wrote:
In a 'rebuilding' year, I don't like reading what is going on a Florida State right now:



" After Fisher was named Bowden's replacement in early December, he had to scramble to assemble a coaching staff and keep FSU's recruiting class intact.



"The way we jelled as a staff immediately was a big key," Fisher said. "I've never been around a staff like that before. It's like we'd been together three or four years and were feeding off each other. Our team did a great job in recruiting.""



Florida State's haul in Fisher's first season as head coach is ranked in the top 10 nationally by most recruiting services. "





I hope this is not a repeat of last year. I am planning on attending and it was bad enough having to go through that here in provo surrounding by our own fans. While I think we really could have and should have won that game last year, i am a little worried about 2010. Will be really interesting to see how we do starting out next year.



http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=4887114


We can always hope for overconfidence. 8)
Y
Y 4 Ever
As always, I remain unafraid.
Advertisement
Y
Y&Brit
I'd be but since ACC referees won't be present that's 24-28 less points the acc team will have. We'll have a legit shot now.
J
jonnylingo
Y&Brit wrote:
I'd be but since ACC referees won't be present that's 24-28 less points the acc team will have. We'll have a legit shot now.


Very good point. The referees had a major hand in that game getting out of hand. also we have a bye the week before. Give bronco extra time and he seems to do well. he will have all summer to prep for washington and then two weeks for fsu. what a great way to start next year. can't wait.
B
bigbluepuma
I have been saying all along, and I really believe it. We will see a different cougar team this year than last. More like the team we saw against OU. We will do well in that game. 8) 8)
M
Mars


The bye could be huge when it comes to flipping the table on the Seminoles next year.
L
Lawboy
If I go, I have sideline passes. My cousin is one of the team physician's and is on the sideline for every game. He already told my brother ha can get us sideline passes if we make the trip. Working on my wife now to make it happen!
Advertisement
C
clemdiggitydog1
bigbluepuma wrote:
I have been saying all along, and I really believe it. We will see a different cougar team this year than last. More like the team we saw against OU. We will do well in that game. 8) 8)

not disagreeing with you in any way,but where's this optimism coming from?we all know that historically BYU does best with an experienced signal caller at the helm,which was last year,not next.I was in the first row for that OU game and Max played inspired football.only if Riley starts will we have someone with D1 experience.i think the case can be made for the backers and the secondary being an upgrade athletically,and the secondary COULD be better even without Scottie Johnson if someone steps up as his replacement.Iknow it helps immensely to have Harvey back,but in all honesty this game is the second biggest question mark for me,right behind TCU.
S
SpiffCoug
Max Hall had zero D1 experience before his first snaps at BYU. He was highly prepared to go from his first game (home against Arizona). I'm not worried about a lack of experience at QB. BYU will have their guy ready to go.
A
Anonymous
Lawboy wrote:
If I go, I have sideline passes. My cousin is one of the team physician's and is on the sideline for every game. He already told my brother ha can get us sideline passes if we make the trip. Working on my wife now to make it happen!


I wouldn't make that trip in a milion years. If you go all you're going to see is a up close look at a good old fashioned butt wooping. I won't even be turning on my TV. If I were Bronco I wouldn't even bother getting on the plane. He could just say that the team prayed about it and were inspired not to go. No one could fault him for that. But they will fault him after we come back having lost 73-3.
A
Anonymous
Lawboy wrote:
If I go, I have sideline passes. My cousin is one of the team physician's and is on the sideline for every game. He already told my brother ha can get us sideline passes if we make the trip. Working on my wife now to make it happen!


I wouldn't make that trip in a milion years. If you go all you're going to see is a up close look at a good old fashioned butt wooping. I won't even be turning on my TV. If I were Bronco I wouldn't even bother getting on the plane. He could just say that the team prayed about it and were inspired not to go. No one could fault him for that. But they will fault him after we come back having lost 73-3. We just do not have the athletes to compete on that kind of big stage.
B
ByuIcoug
sounds like exactly what we heard leading up to the OU game and we won. Let me guess we shouldnt show up in Austin next year right......
Advertisement
A
Anonymous
ByuIcoug wrote:
sounds like exactly what we heard leading up to the OU game and we won. Let me guess we shouldnt show up in Austin next year right......


I figure showing up for the Texas game would make sense. BYU may one day be considered for membership in the Big XII. And we might hurt our chances of being accepted if we pull some crazy trick like that. Whereas if we do show and get our butts kicked by Texas that would a big ego boost for them. Thus they would likely view our joining of the conference favorably. Besides the flight is a lot shorter to Texas. On the long flight to Florida our boys are like to catch some nasty virus.
B
bigbluepuma
clemdiggitydog1 wrote:
I have been saying all along, and I really believe it. We will see a different cougar team this year than last. More like the team we saw against OU. We will do well in that game. 8) 8)

not disagreeing with you in any way,but where's this optimism coming from?we all know that historically BYU does best with an experienced signal caller at the helm,which was last year,not next.I was in the first row for that OU game and Max played inspired football.only if Riley starts will we have someone with D1 experience.i think the case can be made for the backers and the secondary being an upgrade athletically,and the secondary COULD be better even without Scottie Johnson if someone steps up as his replacement.Iknow it helps immensely to have Harvey back,but in all honesty this game is the second biggest question mark for me,right behind TCU.


Well, you see the blue goggles, on my post, don't you? ;) Seriously, what I think will make a huge difference is that they will go to Florida with something to prove, like they took to Texas last year. Conversely, FSU will remember putting a beating on a highly regarded BYU team last year, so won't have the kind of motivation they had last year. The cougs were better than they showed last year, and FSU played very well. Win or lose, we'll be much more competitive this year. I think we can win. :)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.