Archived Topic

What happened to the Ref during the U game?

by Short_Change · 2/3/2010

Advertisement
S
Short_Change
I was at the game where we B-slapped the U. That felt great. I remember seeing a ref on the ground holding his head. They didn't show any replays at the game so no one could figure out what happened. Does anyone know? Did they show what happened on tv or did Henderson throw a forearm at him too?
C
CannonCougar85
I heard that a cameraman ran into him. You know how when they go to timeout the camera people run out onto the court to show close up views of everybody? Well apparently this cameraman wasn't watching where he was going and the camera hit the official in the back of the head/neck area. It dazed the ref pretty good.



But a slow motion replay might reveal Hendersen sucker punching him. You just never know with that kid.
S
Schmoe
I was there, but I wasn't paying attention to the official. He was on the ground for awhile being looked at by trainers, then got taken off the court and returned awhile later.
C
CougarClaw
oddly enough Boylen said he liked it when there were only two refs on the court. I wonder why he's say that with the fine upstanding boys he coaches...
B
byutx
He sprinted face-first into a camera.
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
byutx wrote:
He sprinted face-first into a camera.


And promptly called a foul on Jimmer
B
BYULV
Schmoe wrote:
I was there, but I wasn't paying attention to the official. He was on the ground for awhile being looked at by trainers, then got taken off the court and returned awhile later.


Coach Boylen was heard commenting about this after the game. He said, "I don't know who that BYU coach in the gray suit was out there chatting up the ref, rubbing his neck and such, but I think he was trying to turn the refs against us and that really needs to be looked into."

;)
B
billbillbillbill
I watched him go down to the ground but didn't see what happened. I was watching a replay of the game from the MTN and with about 17 minutes left in the 2nd Half, time out is called. For 5-10 seconds the camera is all shaky and you can see the ref stumbling away. They quickly go to a different camera and then don't mention that their crew tried to take him out.
B
BYULV
billbillbillbill wrote:
I watched him go down to the ground but didn't see what happened. I was watching a replay of the game from the MTN and with about 17 minutes left in the 2nd Half, time out is called. For 5-10 seconds the camera is all shaky and you can see the ref stumbling away. They quickly go to a different camera and then don't mention that their crew tried to take him out.


Hey new guy, you have a lot of "bill"s . . . financial or names?. Welcome.
S
Schmoe
Just a thought, has anyone checked for wire transfers from Boylen's accounts or to the cameraman's?
Advertisement
B
billbillbillbill
BYULV wrote:
Hey new guy, you have a lot of "bill"s . . . financial or names?. Welcome.


Thanks for the welcome. I wish it stood for $$ but nope, just a fairly recent BYU grad with a wife, a baby, and an upside down mortgage :angry:



Thank goodness for Cougar Corner! After just reading CB for so long and wondering where the heck everyone went, I finally read that obvious post telling about this place and it's good to enjoy real discussion!
B
BYULV
billbillbillbill wrote:
Hey new guy, you have a lot of "bill"s . . . financial or names?. Welcome.


Thanks for the welcome. I wish it stood for $$ but nope, just a fairly recent BYU grad with a wife, a baby, and an upside down mortgage :angry:



Thank goodness for Cougar Corner! After just reading CB for so long and wondering where the heck everyone went, I finally read that obvious post telling about this place and it's good to enjoy real discussion!


. . . and welcome to the club of upside down mortgages :sick:
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.