Archived Topic

The incident

by craigoscarson · 1/31/2010

Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
[youtube]AV40p-gFm60[/youtube]



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV40p-gFm60











EDIT:When using the "youtube" embedding just put the last section of the address in. Example for this one would be: AV40p-gFm60
B
BYULV
The saddest part about this video? The picture on this guys handheld is a lot clearer than what I just watched on the MTN.



Oh, and the hit was obviously intentional, definitely malicious and cheap, he knew what he was doing and Henderson is definitely a punk = Drca reincarnate.
J
JamieVallen
BYULV wrote:
The saddest part about this video? The picture on this guys handheld is a lot clearer than what I just watched on the MTN.



Oh, and the hit was obviously intentional, definitely malicious and cheap, he knew what he was doing and Henderson is definitely a punk = Drca reincarnate.

Yeah I thought the exact same thing... I just want to see a different angle of it, where it's not all the way to the side almost out of the picture.
B
BYULV
The original, non-slow motion view is the best. The view from directly behind, in slo-mo makes it look like it could have been accidental flailing, which it clear was not.
U
urroner
The face on #45 is awesome just after the hit.
Advertisement
B
BYUROCKS
BYU's AD was in there REALLY fast.
S
SpiffCoug
BYUROCKS wrote:
BYU's AD was in there REALLY fast.

That's because of his proximity. He usually either sits next to Pres Samuelson or on the last seat on press row behind the visiting bench.



I read one story - can't remember which - that said Henderson had to be escorted to the locker room to prevent any overzealous BYU fans from getting after him. I thought that was funny. He was escorted to the locker room by an assistant coach just like every other player who is ejected from a game. There was no fear of retribution by BYU fans, because we don't do things like that.
S
scott715
That article was on Yahoo sports. It was pretty bogus trying to making it into a major event which it was not.
S
SpiffCoug
scott715 wrote:
That article was on Yahoo sports. It was pretty bogus trying to making it into a major event which it was not.

I think it was a fairly significant event. It wasn't a bench clearing brawl and only one player took a swing that barely connected which was subsequently embellished by the player who was struck. But it certainly merits coverage. Throwing punches, swinging elbows and trying to backhand a player is definite grounds for suspension. That merits coverage.
I
Iceman
For the life of me, I can not see why the ewets were awarded two technical foul shots. Emery committed NO technical foul that I could see, but the spineless refs wanted to make peace with both sides getting a foul? Like I said- SPINELESS.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
I'd love to hear what jackson has to say about it.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Sammich
Iceman wrote:
For the life of me, I can not see why the ewets were awarded two technical foul shots. Emery committed NO technical foul that I could see, but the spineless refs wanted to make peace with both sides getting a foul? Like I said- SPINELESS.


I don't think it was a technical. There was a foul on Emery just before the incident (you can hear the whistle and see the ref point at him) just before the player throws the ball at JT. I'm guessing the BYU players didn't line up like a normal foul because there would be no rebounding/possession change because of the technical.
Y
Y 4 Ever
Sammich wrote:
For the life of me, I can not see why the ewets were awarded two technical foul shots. Emery committed NO technical foul that I could see, but the spineless refs wanted to make peace with both sides getting a foul? Like I said- SPINELESS.


I don't think it was a technical. There was a foul on Emery just before the incident (you can hear the whistle and see the ref point at him) just before the player throws the ball at JT. I'm guessing the BYU players didn't line up like a normal foul because there would be no rebounding/possession change because of the technical.


Exactly. :utard: got foul shots from personal foul on BYU
B
byutx
Iceman wrote:
For the life of me, I can not see why the ewets were awarded two technical foul shots. Emery committed NO technical foul that I could see, but the spineless refs wanted to make peace with both sides getting a foul? Like I said- SPINELESS.

BYU wasn't called for a tech, Emery was called for a push BEFORE the slap. In the replay, notice that the ref is walking toward the scorer to record the foul when Henderson b-slapped Emery. Utah was shooting 1-and-1 (made them both), but we were awarded the ball and two freethrows as a result of the Utah tech. There was no point to having rebounders during the U's shots because there were no rebounds to be had, even if their guy missed. BYU was going to have the ball regardless.
C
CannonCougar85
In that video at around the 2:30 mark or so Boylen has his team huddle up around him. Then it looks like he sticks his finger right in Hendersons face and has that crazy look on his face that is so typical of Boylen, it made me laugh. Henderson is a freshman and he has 3 more trips to Provo ahead of him...poor kid.
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
Iceman wrote:
For the life of me, I can not see why the ewets were awarded two technical foul shots. Emery committed NO technical foul that I could see, but the spineless refs wanted to make peace with both sides getting a foul? Like I said- SPINELESS.


I haven't seen an explanation either. Watching the play from this camera, I didn't see anything that even resembled a foul. Must have been something he said, but as such things are said all the time, I don't see how that would have resulted in a TF for Jackson.
C
CannonCougar85
There was no technical foul called on Emery or any other BYU player. Right before the incident Emery gets called for a foul. Pushing a Utah player out of bounds was the call. Then the flagrant was called on Henderson. Utah gets 2 foul shots for the foul on Emery and since BYU would be shooting foul shots immediately after and retain possession there was no point in having the players line up for the Utah foul shots. So there was no technical or flagrant on BYU even though it looked like it.
F
FurriousCougar
Hey, wow, so I CANNOT BELIEVE that nobody has mentioned this, but I DO NOT understand why Utah got 2 shots?! That is just absurd.



Also, I CANNOT BELIEVE than no one has mentioned this EITHER - but just to clarify - THERE WAS NO TECHNICAL FOUL on Emery. It was a personal foul on Emery.



Oh, and I'm pretty sure no one has noticed or mentioned this either, which again, I CANNOT BELIEVE, but BYU was the FIRST team to 20 wins this year. I know, crazy.
B
BroncoBot
First to 21?
S
stuckinbig10country
declocoug wrote:
First to 21?


2nd to 21. Syracuse made it earlier in the day.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.