Archived Topic

Phillips cancels trip!

by jonnylingo · 1/28/2010

Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
You da man Phillips. He is already my favorite recruit in this class.
B
BigCougsFan
How do you know that??? I like it... But how do you know that???
L
Lawboy
Phillips said this in the article:



“I really didn’t think it was that big of a deal until I saw some of the reactions”, he said regarding his plans to trip to Cincinnati. “I’m obviously new at the recruiting process, but I’ve come to learn that showing respect and holding true to the commitment you made is much more important than taking a trip. I honestly didn’t think my trip to Cincinnati was a big deal, but it’s so much more important to me to show the BYU coaching staff of just how committed I am to them and to their program.”



I wish Kona took this approach as well, but I hope is enjoys his trip to South Bend, then heads to Provo when it matters.
B
bball
I say we require all football recruits to enroll in January, to avoid this waffling nonsense :lol: Just let them know when they are a sophomore, "if you're coming to BYU, plan on graduating early and enrolling at BYU in January, and get into Spring ball.
Advertisement
B
bball
Or we could take the ancient Jewish approach that if you're "betrothed" (committed), it's the same as being married :)
M
Matty-B
Very good to hear. Committed.
B
BerliNY
HFAC Yes Baby!!
B
BigCougsFan
From all that he said in this article. I can see him being like Curtis Brown a few years ago. Coming to BYU to have a great college experience THEN out of no where...

Dressed in all white... Submerged in water... Comes thrashing up for air as a new, fresh, clean, man. A Mormon.
I
Iceman
I was excited to read this, and then the news came about Kona :angry:
Advertisement
G
gmj81
Phillips is a total stud. This kid is going to go far in life.



Bronco is no respecter of persons. Here two kids were that decided to take trips less than a week before signing day. One of those kids has had rumors flying around him for the past couple months that his commitment was wavering. Bronco gave them both the same 'ultimatum', if you want to call it that. Take the trip and you can't be trusted as a man of your word... take the trip and your offer will be pulled. One of those kids, probably the one who had the most reason to take offense and give Bronco the "screw you" showed humility and canceled his trip. The other, well the other won't be playing at BYU ever. It's just really ironic to me that the one who should have understood Bronco and BYU's stance the most would actually challenge and defy him.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.