Archived Topic

ESPN/SI Power Rankings

by Dcr36 · 1/28/2010

Advertisement
D
Dcr36
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/powerranking?season=2010&week=12&pollId=1



http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/luke_winn/01/28/power.rankings.1/index.html



The number one reason I'm not grieving too much over yesterday's loss: they don't seem to think much of it. (Granted, they probably weren't watching).



Yeah, I know, it's basketball and public perception doesn't matter as much since there's an actual playoff system. But still.



(Also, after the last two years of BYU football, I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to feel about a close loss.)
S
scott715
I noticed that our rankings are not dropping much. I quess they are considering that it was a road game. That is good. Now let's beat Utah.
B
BYUROCKS
Lucky we lost @ NM, in the PIT, and they have beat 4 Ranked teams so far.
J
JamieVallen
Wow cool... I mean I didn't expect for a huge drop off, but doesn't seem like they're punishing us much at all... I like the explanation on the SI article.
S
SpiffCoug
I thought it was interesting that it also said that UNM asked its fans and student body to lay off the religious smack. I'm glad it's starting to get some attention. It's been a growing issue amongst opposing home crowds. I hope this trend can start to be reversed. This is the USA and it's 2010, haven't we progressed past mocking another's religion, even if it is just "good fun" and not meant to offend?
Advertisement
C
CAFB_04-12
kitic77 wrote:
I thought it was interesting that it also said that UNM asked its fans and student body to lay off the religious smack. I'm glad it's starting to get some attention. It's been a growing issue amongst opposing home crowds. I hope this trend can start to be reversed. This is the USA and it's 2010, haven't we progressed past mocking another's religion, even if it is just "good fun" and not meant to offend?

Hey, we have made progress. Now Mormons are the only acceptable target of bigotry left in the country.
B
BYUROCKS
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
I thought it was interesting that it also said that UNM asked its fans and student body to lay off the religious smack. I'm glad it's starting to get some attention. It's been a growing issue amongst opposing home crowds. I hope this trend can start to be reversed. This is the USA and it's 2010, haven't we progressed past mocking another's religion, even if it is just "good fun" and not meant to offend?

Hey, we have made progress. Now Mormons are the only acceptable target of bigotry left in the country.




Just about, sadly I do not see it changing any time soon.
N
nuk13
There are only 4 teams with 1 loss and Texas is the only other 2 loss team. There is only 1 other 20 win team. I feel a lot better than I did last night.



I thank NMU for their restraint. A few years ago when I was visiting with family the men went to a Byu vs. NMU game. We sat in the middle of some of their fans and they were very nice. A far cry from some of the reports in other venues. (By the way, one of the best college players I've seen played in the game. He started at safty but came in at the end at wide reciever. He also ran back a kick. He now plays for the Bears at middle linebacker.) I hope SDSU is embarassed.
M
Mars


New Mexico students worse surgical masks to mock Jimmer's bout with mono. I thought that was funny.



I also appreciated that both the league and UNM have sent out letters asking their students not to act like the classless kids at SDSU.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.