Archived Topic

To Phillips and Schwenke, We want you!!

by jonnylingo · 1/28/2010

Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
Lets keep it positive until these guys make their final decisions. I don't blame kona for tripping to nd. who wouldn't. its a big deal, but in the end i hope he realizes byu gave him his offer from the start and nd is just now coming in desperation a week before lio day!



Kona knows byu is the place for him, I don't want him to forget that. Despite what I am seeing, I am going to hold out hope he chooses BYU. If he doesn't thats fine but I would hate to see small minded fans start bad mouthing him simply for checking notre dame out. I know it probably won't make a difference but it can. Those guys probably read these boards and can get mad when they read them. (I already know and have heard all the rebuttals to that point. I get it, but still save the negative comments until he actually makes his decision)
C
Cougarpoke
I agree!! I sure hope they come to BYU. I think they would be a great addition to the team and would have a great experience. PLEASE COME TO BYU!!! I am sure if they choose another school to go to they would have their reasons, but BYU is a very good fit for both of them. Rise and shout Kona and Drew...Rise and shout!!
L
Lawboy
Notre Dame? Really? what have they done the last 20 years that is worth mentioning? Nothing. No conference title to play for, no shot at a BCS game for a few years--at best--and the fact is, most people really do not like them that much. Plus, South bend is a dump and the weather there in winter is HORRIBLE.
M
Mars


Drew Phillips and BYU are an awesome fit.



Kona seems like a very young, weak-minded, stupid kid, who knows what's best for him and is doing his very best to try to hurt himself and his goals in the long run. The boy and his family completely know better, but for some strange reason he simply can't help himself in acting like an idiot right now. He'll be a great college football player, but if he goes elsewhere I'll forget him immediately- The only future he would be messing up his own.
E
EM_Puma
Wow, I thought this was a joke or something as Kona's uncle said on TBS last week that his nephew was rock solid with BYU. Something doesn't sound right in what I've read about this. It will be interesting how this comes down.
Advertisement
S
scott715
Hey cut him some slack. The newspapers are trying to get readers and headlines. They got to write about something. Just because he is listening does not make him a committment. I thought we were smarter than that.
B
BroncoBot
I'm confident both of these guys will make the right choice. Trips or no trips.



BYU Baby!!! WE DO want you guys playing in Provo next fall.
D
Ddawg
Mars wrote:


Drew Phillips and BYU are an awesome fit.



Kona seems like a very young, weak-minded, stupid kid, who knows what's best for him and is doing his very best to try to hurt himself and his goals in the long run. The boy and his family completely know better, but for some strange reason he simply can't help himself in acting like an idiot right now. He'll be a great college football player, but if he goes elsewhere I'll forget him immediately- The only future he would be messing up his own.


Mars - there are times for you to throttle back. Now is one of those times. It would be wise to re-think & edit your post. It serves no purpose other than to inflame. A "soft answer." Consider a bit .....

:crazy:
S
scott715
Yes, I was expecting to see a "I hope you break your leg" comment.
M
Mars
scott715 wrote:
Hey cut him some slack. The newspapers are trying to get readers and headlines. They got to write about something. Just because he is listening does not make him a committment. I thought we were smarter than that.

Do you not understand? The kid and his family have been contacting Notre Dame, Washington, Oregon State, and Arizona, all right before signing day, and while still remaining "committed" to BYU as a safe fall-back. I wouldn't feel bad at all to see Bronco yank his schollie offer. I would fire an employee very publicly acting in this same manner...
Advertisement
B
beauso79
Mars wrote:
Hey cut him some slack. The newspapers are trying to get readers and headlines. They got to write about something. Just because he is listening does not make him a committment. I thought we were smarter than that.

Do you not understand? The kid and his family have been contacting Notre Dame, Washington, Oregon State, and Arizona, all right before signing day, and while still remaining "committed" to BYU as a safe fall-back. I wouldn't feel bad at all to see Bronco yank his schollie offer. I would fire an employee very publicly acting in this same manner...


If Kona does go to visit Notre Dame I hope Bronco does pull the offer. It's too bad neither Heimuli nor Schwenke will be joining our D-Line next year. We could have really used them
G
gmj81
It's already been pulled!



Later dude! Maybe the Rainbow Warriors will still have a spot for ya!
B
beauso79
gmj81 wrote:
It's already been pulled!



Later dude! Maybe the Rainbow Warriors will still have a spot for ya!


I just read the TBS article about the offer being pulled. That's pretty jacked up how Kona's father doesn't see anything wrong with wanting to go visit friends at other schools that are recruiting him. Totally shady and disrespectful. Oh but Kona's verbal is rock solid, yeah my ass!!!!
G
gmj81
Well, since they were at the airport and ready to board the plane (this after the first warning cited in an earlier article) I'm guessing it's gone.



But here, you be the judge:

http://byu.scout.com/2/941915.html (free TBS article)



Now contrast that with Phillips' reaction:

http://byu.scout.com/2/941892.html (free TBS article)



But what do I know? I'm just a judgmental and high and mighty Cougar fan so I've probably got it all wrong.
J
jonnylingo
Mars wrote:


Drew Phillips and BYU are an awesome fit.



Kona seems like a very young, weak-minded, stupid kid, who knows what's best for him and is doing his very best to try to hurt himself and his goals in the long run. The boy and his family completely know better, but for some strange reason he simply can't help himself in acting like an idiot right now. He'll be a great college football player, but if he goes elsewhere I'll forget him immediately- The only future he would be messing up his own.


Wow, you are seriously lame. "young, weak-minded, stupid kid" and what does that make you? I would say ignorant. "Acting like an idiot" must = not doing what Mars thinks you should be doing.
Advertisement
M
Mars
jonnylingo wrote:
Wow, you are seriously lame. "young, weak-minded, stupid kid" and what does that make you? I would say ignorant. "Acting like an idiot" must = not doing what Mars thinks you should be doing.
Keep on making personal attacks towards anyone pointing out the truth about your bouncing little baby boy Kona. Feel free. The kid prayed about whether he should accept a scholarship offer to BYU, got a "Yes" answer, and then said no. What a dope he is, and what a dope you are for supporting such a terrible decision.



Perhaps you'd feel better if you took the rest of the day off to drink beer with the Te'os in a canoe?
B
BOID
gmj81 wrote:
Well, since they were at the airport and ready to board the plane (this after the first warning cited in an earlier article) I'm guessing it's gone.



But here, you be the judge:

http://byu.scout.com/2/941915.html (free TBS article)



Now contrast that with Phillips' reaction:

http://byu.scout.com/2/941892.html (free TBS article)



But what do I know? I'm just a judgmental and high and mighty Cougar fan so I've probably got it all wrong.


Yeah, I read that. Drew Phillips is a solid guy--- he looked around before committing, but once committed, he stayed true. Now THAT is the type of character that we want (and BYU wants).
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.