Archived Topic

Rule Changes

by byufan4ever · 5/15/2019

Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
Two possible rule changes being considered:



1) Move three point line to the international line - so it will be further back then it currently is but still closer than an NBA three. The hope is that this creates more spacing and less clogging in the paint. Hopefully our guys can hit better from the further distance...



2) Offensive rebounds will reset the shot clock to 20 seconds. I like this. I think the NBA's 14 seconds is a little too quick but a full 30 second reset definitely slows down the game so I see this as a good move.



What do you think? Do you like or not like the changes?
G
Guest
Yes, make it so.
G
Gunk
I like those changes.



Our guys like to take deep threes. We should be okay.
S
snoscythe
Gunk wrote:

I like those changes.



Our guys like to take deep threes. We should be okay.


As long as they learn how to actually make those long threes, that is.



Last year BYU shot 33% from three. For reference on how not-good that is, they were #249 in 3-pt %. I wish they liked the deep three less.



Upshot is, if they can improve a bit and moving the line back pushes averages down across DI, they should improve on that #249 eyesore.
B
byufan4ever
Hey, with the three point line matching the international line our guys should feel much more at home leaving early to play in Europe. :lol: :bug:
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.